Monday, June 8, 2009

good news/bad news

the good news:
the scale this morning said the lowest weight in at least 3 years.
baby girl is giggling up a storm
friends are coming over for beer /7 sushi lovingly made by the hub.
we don't need to worry about bottle feeding problems.
i get to stay home with pumpkin for an undefined amount of time.
i can sleep in.

bad news:
i was laid off.
the hub still has no job as he was going to be staying home with pumpkin full time starting next week.
i have to apply for unemployment.
i only have maybe a month's income saved. that's if we stretch things.
i feel like i've been sucker punched & can't catch my breath.

7 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Hi Jenn,
I'm so sorry! Big Hugs! I'd like to say that everything happens for a reason and that I'm sure there is a perfect job out there for you soon but I'm sure that will only make you want to slap me.
I wish I could do something.
Thinking of you,
Lilah

Jen said...

Oh no, Jenn. I'm so sorry. I hardly know what to say about the lay-off. Hang in there hon...and try to keep looking at the bright side.

Christina said...

oh no, I'm so sorry you got laid off. I hope your husband is able to find a job quickly.

Erica912 said...

Oh no!
I hope something comes along quickly for one of you and that things work out easily. You do have a nice long list of good things to keep you going!

Birdee said...

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry about your job! ((hugs)) I hope your DH finds a great job soon and you can take your time on unemployment looking for a perfect job for you. Don’t settle for less girl, (That is if you can,) you deserve the best!

Congrats on the weight loss and giggles, and the time you get to spend with your pumpkin considering the circumstances aren't the best.

admin said...

crap. sorry to hear about this.

kate said...

Oh, Jenn. I am so so so sorry to hear this. I am thinking of you guys and hoping something works out for you. Why in the world did they wait until you were due to come back from maternity leave to tell you? That sucks! You guys could have been planning for something else all along if they had told you sooner. Grrrr.