Sunday, December 20, 2009

best laid plans

still figuring this whole knitting thing out- this was supposed to fit a 9-12 month old baby... guess I need to work on that gauge thing- but merry christmas to me! it only took a week too!

9 comments:

Jen said...

I feel for you. I knit a hat for Jeramy that would only fit a small child. I guess it will become Jillian's now!

admin said...

Opps:) That's pretty funny. I have a great hat pattern for baby that I love. Free on the interweb: http://slumberland.org/wp/2006/05/15/pattern-cupcake-baby-hat-with-real-cupcakes/

You have to work in the round, but it is real fast.
m

jenn said...

M- I love that hat! I think working in the round might be a little beyond my skill level right now... this was my very first pattern!

Shannon said...

The same thing happened to me on one of my first hats. The type of yarn really makes a difference. I try to go with what they use in the pattern and usually have better luck.

Jen said...

Hey, I say great job! I couldn't do that, that's for sure!

nancy said...

lol.

The hat you made karl fits him perfectly!

jenn said...

Nancy- I am ~much~ better at crochet than knitting- but I can only do 1 stitch & it's preety basic! I'm so glad it fits him though- someday I'll perfect that whole sweater thing too, haha!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

So funny! I did the same thing.

Thanks for the New Year wishes. It was great seeing you in 2009, and I hope 2010 is filled with blessings for you!

kate said...

Heh. Yeah, that may not work for a baby! So cute anyway, though! I just finished the knitting portion of the second baby hat-- now I just have to weave in the ends and sew together the seam- BOO. My least favorite part of knitting! I actually considered modifying the pattern to knit in the round, just so I wouldn't have so much finishing, but I couldn't find the right needle size/connector-length combo in my arsenal of knitting supplies, so now I'm stuck with a bunch of PITA sewing. Oh, well.