Saturday, March 5, 2011

updates

the cold from hell is almost gone. i still have this lingering cough which i basically think is going to stick around until i deliver! everything else is going pretty well. i am trying to take advantage of a beautiful weekend & have already had a lovely 2 hour walk with pumpkin that included a trip to the playground. first time i have been able to take her in months! it was so nice to get out of the house & move around a bit. i have to start walking more to get my body used to it for my work trip at the end of the month. i am apparently in for 4 days of walking non-stop. my boss keeps mentioning that he is worried i won't be able to go at all by that point! it's only about 2 weeks away now & i am getting excited- but also a little nervous. i have never been away from the pumpkin for that long! i am going to miss her terribly & her birthday is immediately when i get back. we are having a very very small family & friends party, but i think there's only 1 or 2 kids showing up. which in all honesty i will be grateful for after a very long trip and flights.i am starting to hit that point of freak out with getting everything done before 2.0 gets here. my logical self tells me we really are ready- we could pick up some diapers & really just need a carseat (have a convertible one but i do like the convenience of the infant carrier in those brand new days) but we have a place for him to sleep, all other supplies/clothes/bedding/and even 2 emergency containers of formula just in case. oh yeah- i need a pump for work too, but that can wait until he's here. now- i would like to get pumpkin's new 'big girl' room done before he gets here so she can start napping in the big bed & eventually move in there. but if that also waits until after 2.0's here then so be it. it's not like he will be sleeping in the crib right off the bat- we have the cosleeper for next to the bed for the first few months to help us all sleep a little bit!

if i even have any readers left who are interested- heck... even if i don't because i like the comparison!- i took my 3rd belly shot of this pregnancy. at 27 weeks 3 days(!)

to compare- pumpkin's 28 week shot is on the left & 2.0 is on the right. definitely think i am bigger in the belly this time around, but the rest of me hasn't rounded out. i feel like it really is all belly. but what a belly! it's getting big & pumpkin was nearly 8 pounds. yikes!!!























and of course- a parting shot of the pumpkin from our playground extravaganza! the slide was her favorite- followed closely by the wheel station. she really is such a pleasant, easygoing & (despite being 2 and quite often being frustrated/frustrating because of it) a really good kid! what are the chances of getting this lucky twice?

3 comments:

kate said...

Yep, definitely bigger this time around!

Ugh, I really miss the convenience of infant seats. I wish my guys still fit in them.

I'm glad the cold is starting to wane. I distinctly remember catching a cold and taking forever to get rid of it, and then, just as it started to go away, I started swelling up everywhere, sinuses as well, of course, so I think I had all of maybe 2-3 weeks in between all the winter cold crap/spring allergy crap/end-o'-preg stuffy nose where I wasn't sniffling constantly.

Yay for 2.0-- he'll be here before you know it! Exciting!

Jen said...

You are looking super adorable!!!

nancy said...

Ok, this update is a little old now, it's been two weeks. I wonder if you leave for your work trip tomorrow morning (assuming a Monday departure). I'll just have to text you tomorrow to see where you're at.

As for the question of if you could be this lucky twice? Hell yes you could be! I was that lucky THREE times! But in all honesty, I think it has more to do with what kind of parents you two are than the type of kid who comes out. You were a good enough momma to bring up such a heavenly little girl, you'll be that good of a momma to bring up another heavenly child! It's got more to do with you than it has to do with 2.0! And have I mentioned how cute I think it is that you call him "2.0" to begin with??!

Love ya Jenn!! ~hugs~