My heart is breaking in so many ways for my friend. She had to deliver her sweet angel at just barely 24 weeks. She lived an hour.
I know i don't have any perfect words, but through this IF community i do know that staying silent and keeping clear does not help. I can not imagine experiencing this loss. But i do understand the sleepless nights of 'what-ifs' & the fear that you will never have that which you so wished for.
I can only hope for comfort & some sort of peace for her & her husband. And that i somehow say either the right words (especially as i am one of the few voices for her right now) or at least avoid the wrong ones.
I am grateful that despite my trials of doubt, my angel babies are asleep upstairs. I am one of the lucky and not a day goes by i don't remember that & hope that everyone gets to feel that.
I know my little blog is relatively anonymous & outside the Alli community. I have few followers & fewer hits. But if there is anyone who can give some insight into what to never/always say in situations like this please chime in. At the moment i am texting her daily even if it just says i love her & was thinking of her. Is there more? I want desperately to let her get through this loss with some hope for the future, but more importantly i want that future to happen quickly. Not to erase the memory of their daughter, but to get to the point where she can live again. Because i am pretty sure she is in a constant state of heartbreak & doubt & fear & loneliness & i just want to make it better.
Much like i prayed daily/hourly while she waited in the hospital for some miracle to save them both, i just want to do something. Even if my.logical brain knows there is really nothing i can do but be here for her
I know i don't have any perfect words, but through this IF community i do know that staying silent and keeping clear does not help. I can not imagine experiencing this loss. But i do understand the sleepless nights of 'what-ifs' & the fear that you will never have that which you so wished for.
I can only hope for comfort & some sort of peace for her & her husband. And that i somehow say either the right words (especially as i am one of the few voices for her right now) or at least avoid the wrong ones.
I am grateful that despite my trials of doubt, my angel babies are asleep upstairs. I am one of the lucky and not a day goes by i don't remember that & hope that everyone gets to feel that.
I know my little blog is relatively anonymous & outside the Alli community. I have few followers & fewer hits. But if there is anyone who can give some insight into what to never/always say in situations like this please chime in. At the moment i am texting her daily even if it just says i love her & was thinking of her. Is there more? I want desperately to let her get through this loss with some hope for the future, but more importantly i want that future to happen quickly. Not to erase the memory of their daughter, but to get to the point where she can live again. Because i am pretty sure she is in a constant state of heartbreak & doubt & fear & loneliness & i just want to make it better.
Much like i prayed daily/hourly while she waited in the hospital for some miracle to save them both, i just want to do something. Even if my.logical brain knows there is really nothing i can do but be here for her
No comments:
Post a Comment