Friday, June 1, 2012

A year and a life

I just looked and realized i haven't posted in 2 months. So much has happened... But not. My pumpkin turned 3. 3 years and such a little person. She is amazing and frustrating and awe inspiring. She is smart & kind & empathetic & bossy & funny. She is obsessed with alligators & pirates & princesses. She is sweet and caring with her brother all while fighting over toys. She is very 3. And very much my baby still- all while seeing her grow literally before my eyes.

And my Little Bear... He turns one tomorrow. One. This past year has been the fastest in my history. He is big. Wearing 2T clothes. He is strong. He is cranky when he doesn't eat. He loves to climb everything- chairs, windowsills, the bed, stairs. But he won't walk- he can- he took 4 steps & stopped. He is blond and happy and determined. He loves music and can put objects together already. I watch him try to figure out the world & it is such a bittersweet thing to watch. I love seeing him grow, but he is my last baby so it is hard sometimes to know its the last 'first'. And tomorrow is my last first birthday. I am waiting for my sister to get in from a train ride from hell on a dark & stormy night & thinking about all this year has held.
My relationship with the hub is mainly better now. We still get incredibly stressed, but we're communicating a bit better. We have a ways to go but our foundation is strong.
Work is incredibly hard sometimes& challenging with a lot of changes. My company may be sold. My job may move to another state. My boss is in said other state & while i like him grow& we get along- i don't think i am there yet for moving. But i am thinking about it. I have an enormous project on top of a big project on top of the everyday workings. It is a lot to coordinate and stay on top of in addition to feeling like i need to be suoermom & make birthdays amazing because dads just don't do these things.
I want to lose at least 10 & at most 20 pounds and stress and 2 very small ones and being the breadwinner make it hard. I don't like my new post double pregnancies under 2 years body. I wear a size i can mainly be ok with... But it doesn't look the way i want. I want a lot in the next year but overall i want a happy family. And i pretty much have that so all in all... it's been a pretty good year.









3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my the kids are super adorable!! They've grown so much. Three is definitely a fun and trying age; hopefully more on the fun side. Love the skateboarding picture!! Glad to hear things are getting better for you.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, your babies are gorgeous! And yes, everything else sounds overwhelming.

Io said...

I'm glad things with the husband are improving. I have to think with all the stressors you've faced that if you can survive them, then you can make it through anything.
I always love seeing pictures of your kids, they have the best cheeks! (Also, if the potential job move happens to be to Indiana I am hereby lobbying for you to move)