tonight as i was starting to wrap up at work we noticed there was a huge fire down the street. it turns out that an 8 alarm fire started at a construction site & spread to at least 2 occupied apartment buildings next door.
so far it seems everyone is okay. but it is heartbreaking to think of the loss that hundreds of people came home to tonight. everything was completely destroyed.
it makes me very happy & appreciative for what i have right now.
but of course i was glued to both the window & the computer for the live feed. why is it that a truly disastrous fire is so unbelievably fascinating? the entire office, & i am sure the entire area, was rubbernecking the scene.
oh- i had a dentist appointment this morning to get a sealant on some molars & a desensitizer on a filling. i was supposed to get x-rays too, but luckily i got to tell them in person (even though i specifically called to leave a message that they apparently just didn't listen to!) they are very sweet & the one hygienist has known we were trying since at last last year because they always ask about your other health issues. she's always very nice & supportive & errs on the side of caution when i am (was) in a 2ww. i was actually a little disappointed that i got another hygienist today- although the congratulations is very nice to hear!
by the way- i think the boobs are starting to grow. the hub definitely thinks so... i wonder how long until it gets really noticeable...
only 5 more days until sprng roll is spotted!
4 comments:
That is so sad about the fire, My heart breaks when I hear about tragedy, I cant watch much news because if it, I sit and cry thought it, (always have, not just recently). And I've never heard of an 8 alarm fire before, wow, that is unbelievable. It must be so disastrous.
I saw that fire on the news last week...it was huge. That was right down the street from you? I'm glad you guys are all right.
Big boobs are a bonus! I was up a cup size by the end of 1st tri.
Yikes...that must have been so scary!! And I'm so glad that you're ok! I also wanted to let you know I tagged you. Check out the details on my blog!
I tagged you :)
Post a Comment