fighting off morning sickness that is. or shall i say all day especially 20 minutes after or before a meal sickness. so far the count is only 2 (both while brushing teeth- how horrible is that for gag reflex!) but today i came close a number of times. i try to snack on little things throughout the day. but despite having applesauce for pre-breakfast, peanut butter crackers on the drive into work, delicious carb laden bagel for breakfast, peanut butter crackers for mid morning snack, pizza for lunch (I forgot to pack this am!), almonds for mid afternoon snack & i am making dinner now- i am still feeling like i could vomit at any moment. then i'll eat & feel really great for an hour or two. it's harder to want to snack on something when you feel this nauseous, but snacking seems to help. water seems to make me feel more nauseous- so does mint gum apparently. odd.
smells are so very strong right now. i walked past the kitchen at work this afternoon to go to the copier. someone left a pickle out on the counter (we have a very communal share policy with food- someone will always eat something if you put it on the counter) the smell mad me gag every time i walked past. thinking about it is making me gag hours later.
i have to say though- other than that i feel fantastic. i know i'm only almost 8 weeks, but i feel like things are moving down in the ute. clothes are fitting just slightly tighter & the end of the day i need my yoga pants. (although that really isn't new to being pregnant!) i am loving every second of it & saturday i will start taking my belly pics. i kind of felt silly doing it before 8 weeks since there will be no progression for a little while (i'm sure). but now i feel pregnant so i feel better documenting it. make sense?
it's so strange to be so happy that your body is making you feel ill all the time. but i am happy about it. i said as much to my mom- who never had a problem conceiving, but she said she totally remembered feeling that way too. that somehow puking your guts out makes it more real & that's a comfort. at least my weirdness runs in the family...
6 comments:
I remember how much it seemed kinda cool knowing the m/s meant there was a real baby growing inside me. And I have the same issue with brushing my teeth! I have to brush the front and then the rest super fast. I use Listerene to help kill anything I miss. Hopefully, the morning sickness will end soon though.
Hey if puking makes you happy, more power to you LOL! In all seriousness though, I hope it moves on soon and you reach 2nd tri where maybe you'll find a little more reassurance.
Yay - I'm glad that other than being Gaggy McGaggerson you're feeling good!
Hey, I didn't mean to offend...I know I hate when I get referred to as a secretary when I actually am an administrative assistant.
oh, the joys of pregnancy! I used a similar method - pre-meals. It wroked for me, but everyone is different.
It is great you are feelin well, despite the barf. Symptoms, no matter how unpleasant, are always comforting...
take good care of yourself and the SR!!
xo
It's good to start taking pictures before you start showing, so you get a good starting point. I started at 8weeks with my past two pregnancies. If I started at 10 weeks, I'd never have seen the before!
Post a Comment