Friday, October 17, 2008

bump watch '08

i officially have bump jealousy. yesterday my former manager (10 1/2 weeks pregnant) came into work with an adorable bump. it's her 4th kid so i understand completely that she will show far quicker than me. but tomorrow's 16w pic will show that there really is no bump to speak of. there's a tiny belly, but i can't call it a bump. and i am jealous! i want to be popped already! i know it's a blessing that my body is reacting this way to pregnancy- every woman's dream to be smaller & look better pregnant, blah,blah, blah. but seeing the cuteness that is the bump every day & knowing she is a month & a half behind me just makes me want to fast forward to that part!

i really don't want to fast forward a second of this pregnancy. i am savoring it like a fine wine since i can't be sure that we'll get lucky twice. i am thinking of this as my one & only pregnancy so i won't regret not doing or having something if it doesn't happen again. then again- that's probably why i want the bump to pop so soon- so i can see the evidence clearly!

actually- what would make me happier & more comfortable with taking longer to show (which isn't all that long i know!) is if i could feel flutters again. i felt it twice on tuesday & nothing noticeable since. i know it takes a while to be consistent & to really feel it, but how long is normal? is it normal to feel once a week for a few weeks? that's one thing i haven't found yet- but i am off to research. any personal experiences are much appreciated- if only to calm my highly overactive imagination!

4 comments:

admin said...

don't even get me started on size, girl!! You'll get there, and you'll look awesome. Sorry the spring roll has such good camo...

Everyone is different, every pregnancy is different. Just be sure to snap back if people say stupid stuff to you about size!!!

Birdee said...

I have a feeling you will be little belly one minute, defined bump the next.
Of course the gal I worked with, people didnt know whe was pregnant when she was in her last month, I had seriously NEVER seen any woman carry their baby in their ass before until her.(I hope that didnt sound rude, it's her words, not mine)
BUT DONT WORRY, that wont be you!
(but it was funny - she had front bump envy too)

If it makes you feel better (It wont) I have a bump and I'm not even pregnant ;P

BTW, you have a way cute mini bump.
Cant wait to see more pics.

nancy said...

Some people just don't "show" too much. I hope you do pop since you want it so bad, but good thing you realize that you need to enjoy every moment. It's over so quickly.

kate said...

Soon enough, you'll have your bump! And yeah, I can see being jealous, so I feel for you.

But you will get yours and it will mean so much more to you when you do.