Sunday, October 26, 2008

busy busy

we've had quite the weekend. a full day of shopping yesterday. trying to find the hub's birthday present, but couldn't. we did find the m.imi store for me though. hot damn- they're expensive in there! i really just wanted to try on the "3 months ahead of where you are now" fake bump. it was so ridiculous looking. all lumpy & wouldn't sit nicely. oh well. thankfully they have the back section with all the moth.erhood stuff. not quite as cute, but half to a quarter of the price. i got me some bonafide maternity jeans. the secret belly band or whatever kind that hike up to your boobs. they are still a dark band, but oh so comfy. the only thing that sucks is i am really between a small & a medium. so i have to get the medium which fits fine the first few hours, but then starts to sag & fall down. or at least feels like it does. i'm sure i'll get bigger & fill them out better soon, but i'll just have to make do for now.

last night we went to a party for my friend's birthday. good food & lots of friends i hadn't seen in a while. the biggest news was that i was up until 1:15. am. wow- i am such a party animal!

today we cleared out the nursery. we had this huge bookcase in there full of crap. who would have thought that 2 people in 4 years could acquire so much shit. we have an enormous pile to donate, a ridiculous pile to throw out, and a pretty decent shred pile. we filled 4 plastic bins of books & memories to save, but they will have to wait until we get a real bookcase for the living room.

we get our new nursery carpet this week, then i am off the end of november & will be at least planning the nursery & maybe even registering then. one week and 3 days to the big ultrasound.

i am now exhausted but have another 3 loads of laundry to do & change the bedsheets... then i have some drawings to review for work. joy. first though- lunch!

3 comments:

Monica Fayth said...

sounds like you've had a productive weekend. I still need to clear out my nursery. Maybe I'll get to it this week/weekend. =/

Birdee said...

I just have to ask, is you pregnancy flying by for you? It is for me, I'm always a little bit shocked when I see how far along you are, maybe it's because you dont blog that much and I only come here when you do blog - then I see how much farther you are.

I cant wait for your BIG u/s =D
Ummmmm-I'm thinking Boy. and if not.. Girl (cheesy grin) I'm a dork.
Oh guess what? I'm writing this in bed with my new lap top (can you tell I love it?) Nightie-Night!

Io said...

I have to say I am excited to see what your nursery will look like. I expect you to do something amazing.
(Btw, I still haven't sent your package because I am a lazy butt.)