today was the review. it went really well, my goals were all talked about & validated, my areas to work on were what i want to work on too. nothing shocking or surprising mentioned. it was a really good conversation about what works & what doesn't. all in all the most positive & open review i think i've ever had. at the end i told my boss, she screamed a little. i definitely surprised her! it was really good though & i am now so relieved & happy! later tonight my manager came up with a plan to announce to the rest of the office- being a jokester she said that she would just loudly ask if i was gaining weight because i was looking a little fat lately. to make everyone uncomfortable. i actually thought it was a little funny, but we were at a work function & getting into the elevator with everyone else. who just heard her say that i was looking fat lately. so then getting off the elevator i explained that it was okay- i'm not really fat- there's just an extra person in there. to which i got a very high pitched 'you're preggo??!!' from my old manager. it was a great reaction & so nice to just talk about it to my hearts content without whispering in a corner!
tomorrow i wear the cute tight sweater & show off the mini-bump proudly!
update: it was too warm for the sweater today- but i did wear a cute tighter shirt i haven't felt comfortable wearing until i was 'out'. no 'hey you're fat' comments, but a lot of really nice heartfelt congratulations & genuine warmth. i have to say that as hard as work can be sometimes- i really do love my coworkers & the support & love they give! oh- and the bump is definitely mini- the people who didn't know until today still said i don't even look pregnant. but the few who knew could see it i think. hell- i can see it & that's all that really matters! well- the hub too. this morning as we were waking up he reached over to caress the bump. too bad he was actually gently patting my ass. i corrected him & still thought it was incrediblt sweet- and hilarious!
6 comments:
Wow! What a cool "coming out" experience! I'm so glad that you're able to talk openly about it and proudly show off your bump, no matter how "mini" it is right now!
I'm just grinning ear to ear reading this. How fun for you. =D
You are too silly. Congrats on the good review and I'm glad you are finally out of the closet.
Congrats on a good review and being "out of the closet" :)
Yay, congrats Jenn!!! So exciting!!
Everyone knew that I was pregnant when I came out because I was so massive already. I'm jealous of your mini bump, I bet you will be one of those skinny cute preggo ladies!
Pictures please!!
Congrats!
Post a Comment