sitting down tonight to hash through the numbers one more time & we really really need this refi... it all hinges on saturday's appraisal. everything should work out just fine- the comps are great, our neighborhood is great, the improvements we have done are great. it's just the damn kitchen. it has a plywood floor & unfinished drywall. i don't know how much that will hurt us right now. i can take about 5,000 or so less than the ideal- maybe even 8. but any more than that & it's not worth it to refi. and we will be literally in the hole every month once caiden is here. it's not by much- but after all is budgeted we will have more bills (expenses) than income. and that's fucking scary. daycare is such a huge chunk & having to figure out how to live without an income for anywhere between 4-7 weeks just puts it back even more.
yes- we could make a number of cuts to spending & would figure it out. but it really sucks. it's just so nerve wracking to be so close to being able to really breathe easy. we wouldn't be rich or saving tons of money in the bank every month, but we could afford everything we needed & i could stay home with her for longer. we still couldn't buy all new furniture for the nursery or go nuts on all the little things babies seem to need (i know most aren't really needed at all & she won't ever know she didn't have the brand new pack-n-play or deluxe bouncy chair) but we would be comfortable providing for our little family. and have emergency money. which is always needed!
please send me some good thoughts for a nice high respectable number on saturday...
on a good note- she is being much more active lately. i was getting slightly worried last week & over last weekend because i just didn't feel her as much. i decided to give it a day or two of taking it easy because i was running around a lot last week. well- she is nice & obedient & has been kicking the crap out of me! she wakes me up promptly 15 minutes after the hub's alarm goes off with a nice little kick session. then she rolls around a lot! i can feel definite head & butt bumps- they always freak the hub right out! it's so great. i'm noticing a pattern- especially as i have the kick count chart from my last appointment. they say to stop counting once you reach ten- that's usually before i've had breakfast- so i just keep track of when she has really active times or has a bunch of movements grouped together.
4 comments:
I'm sorry you're struggling so much right now. I hope and pray that everything works out for the best on Saturday. We still haven't quite figured out exactly what we're going to do either, so I understand the stress.
I will be hoping for you with all my might that the refi works out the way you need it to.
I've never done the kick count thing since preg #1. I know some women who do it every hour. Blah.
Good luck on the refi, but good attitude, things will work no matter what. ~hugs~
I agree with Nancy on the kick count thing. I never could remember to do it, and I think you just end up worrying needlessly.
I hope everything goes your way on the appraisal. For baby stuff, definitely check out craigs list. There are some serious bargains to be had there and there is always a ton of baby stuff listed.
Post a Comment