i may possibly be going this evening to consult on my new tattoo!!! i am so freaking excited. despite having absolutely
no money for the entire next month (can pay everything we have going on, but no extras at all!!) due to how the end of unemployment will coincide with starting back to work where i am paid only once a month, i am probably getting my tat started as my very sweet & generous friend has offered to pay for the first part. i wanted to get something that celebrated the most important things to me: love, family & the natural world. so- i am starting with a lily on my right shoulder (the babe's birthdate will be on it). the lily will connect to a tree of life type branch & on the other shoulder will be 2 lovebirds sitting on another branch of the tree (our wedding date on that side). i need to flesh it out a little more with the artist- why i am going down tonight- but i've been thinking about it pretty much since she's been born & have bumped my long-standing
other favorite tat idea for it (may still get that one, but in a different spot). hopefully i will soon have artwork & a date to get it done. my awesome friend used to live with us (rent free) for about 6 months, i picked out all her colors for her house & am her personal design consultant & the hub fixes her car & bike- she is more like family than friend and that's why she's offering to pay for it. not just because i am that awesome ;o)
on to actual pictures- here's a few of my favorite shots from the vaca:
the view out of the cabin waking up monday morning:

setting off for her first hike- i love how she is pointing the way for me!

the 'easy' trail down to the river- the little sliver on the left is the train tracks you cross before getting to the river:

just a few shots i really loved from the 2nd hike we took- this was about 3 hours on wednesday of exploring:






despite stuffing myself silly with all kinds of bacon, eggs, wine, chocolate cake, etc... i have only gained about 2-3 pounds. my goal is to attempt to lose 10 by next month... we'll see how good that goes!
5 comments:
OMG I'm so in LOVE with your Daughter!!! She is just the sweetest. First.. when I saw this was a picture post, I couldnt click over here fast enough. Then when I see her, my heart just melts.
THEN THAT LAST PICTURE!! OMG! I just started giggling, what a total cutie pie.
And I love her hat!! I just bought a ton of yarn to make some hats. Besides the obsession with socks, I'm gaining one for hats.
I just wished I knew how to knit and not just loom.
And the rest of the pictures are beautiful. It looks like the canyon just up the road from where I live, I got my maternity pics done there with that same bridge! ::wink:: =D
Ooh! Pretty pictures! Looks like the vacation was just gorgeous. And how nice of Miss Pumpkin to point the way for you! She's a helpful one!
And new tattoo! Wow! That sounds really awesome (and like it's going to be a bunch of work, too! Get ready for lots of time with you and the needle!).
I loved the pictures..thank you for sharing!! Your daughter is so precious..Mason would be flirting with her if they met! haha! :)
I missed your birthday and just saw it on Nancy's blog..I'm sorry! Happy ~late~ birthday!! :)
Vacation weekends and tattoos! It's almost like we lead parallel lives.
Um, maybe not, but still. The pictures look awesome, though it sounds like you did less eating and more activity than I did.
I can't wait to see some tattoo action! I am too scared to get anything other than really basic simple things, but I secretly want something huge and fantastic.
Post a Comment