Sunday, October 4, 2009

punkins

we took the pumpkin to the pumpkin patch today. a local farm that has hayrides & animals to pet & yummy food. even though she's only 6 months & most of it was lost on her- she really did seem to enjoy herself- talking & squealing & generally being really happy. she sat by some pumpkins while we both attempted to take a picture while simultaneously keeping her from ingesting too much dirt & old pumpkin vines. then after our private hayride back- we enjoyed some way overpriced funnel cake & hot apple cider while she passed out in the sling. it was a pretty awesome afternoon.

she was so happy that she didn't even wake up being transferred to the carseat & just smiled as i buckled her in.

a couple of my favorite photos of today

pumpkin with the pumpkins

tasty dirt

100_7164

hayride with mommie

in the patch

4 comments:

Jen said...

Fun! October is a great time of year :)

Morgan Owens said...

Your little girl is the most adorable girl ever! I love the picture of the two of you.

Io said...

Everyone has been visiting pumpkin patches and it looks like so much fun! I need to figure out where I can go to get cider and hayride.

kate said...

Ugh! Too much cute! She is frickin' adorable.

And it just occurred to me that I will be missing out on my favorite fall treat right now- cider with brandy. or bourbon. or just normal hard cider. Sigh. I guess it's worth it. I guess if this cycle doesn't work, I'll have plenty of things to look forward to in which I can drown my sorrows...