pumpkin has decided that 11:30 & then sometime between 3&4 are appropriate times to get up at night. i let 11:30 slide, but since she's a nurse & back to bed kind of girl i am nursing for less time each night. the 3-4 i let her go last night since i literally didn't have the energy to get up after going through it 2 nights in a row (yup- her 'normal' 8 hours of sleep with maybe one time up have me spoiled!)
but momma's got to work & i can't function on 3 hours of sleep & a nap after 4 am. as much as i hated doing it- i decided to let her crank (she only really had 2 true cries all night- 1 at 11:30 voicing her displeasure after a 7 minute feeding instead of her 10 minute one!) at 3:40 i heard her cranking- at 3:46 she was silent until i got up just now. while i am not a big cio fan because it breaks my heart to hear her cry- but i know my kid! she loves to eat & gets enough during the day- she's even started taking a bottle from the hub. we cuddle & play the entire time i am home & before i leave. and she does sooth herself back to sleep. there are nights when she just needs to crank to go to bed initially. those 6-ish (could have been 3?!) minutes were tough- but hearing the sweet silence of the baby that decided to go back to sleep was beautiful! now- if i had heard anything other than the 'request for boob' crank i would have gotten her- but we really do have her cues down pretty well by now!
i hope i get some quality sleep soon...i have to get packing! t-8 days people!
4 comments:
I recently started letting Jillian CIO in the middle of the night. At 1 year old, she definitely is eating enough during the day. I think it was harder on me than her, and for the past few weeks she's rarely woken up at all!
Mason had the ~BEST~ sleeping schedule until recently he decided to wake up at odd hours which I wasn't used to! Hopefully he will get back into the jive of things soon and get back on his "good" schedule that mommy aproves of! :)
Hope you start getting some more sleep!
I bet you are getting excited about meeting Nancy..I'm so jealous! She is such a cool chick! :)
Hmmm, Lovey Girl has pulled the wake up in the middle of the night thing recently too...not typical for her. Maybe it's the time change?
Oh, Pumpkin! Let your mamma sleep!!! She NEEDS her sleep!
I have no issue whatsoever with CIO (not that this is what you're doing, but I mean letting her cry a little longer than usual to catch a few more ZZZs). If it works for you, then it works FOR YOU. I say that like I have any authority whatsoever on the baby-rearing front. I totally don't, but I do know that a happy, healthy sane mamma is worth 20 frazzled, at-their-wits-end, about-to-leap-off-a-cliff mammas. So. Whatever keeps you off the cliff, right?
Post a Comment