Tuesday, August 21, 2007

i am converted

i love camping. as dirty, cold, crusty & hung over as i was- i had the most awesome time. what could be better than sleeping in the woods with the man you love, hanging out by a raging fire with your best friend & drinking wine then going out on a row boat on a stunning little lake.

luckily there were flush toilets- unluckily it was so packed on saturday night that they were the most disgusting things i had ever seen. so i peed in the woods. another thing i thought i'd never do! i think the best part was going with my friend & her boyfriend. we were all good together- no egos or whining, and no embarrassment over being farty & smelly in the woods. plus tom & jeremy get along famously- which is really good because she is more like my sister than my friend. unfortunately my camera died about an hour after we got up the next morning, but here are my friends at our campsite. i'll have to get more photos from her.
the campground was about an hour away from where i grew up in orange county ny, so i got to go by my old 'hood. it was like that dream you have where you know you are in a certain place, but it's really not it. it was so surreal.

oh- and i can not drink again for a while. i knew i was definitely not going to be ovulating until after the trip (so i thought) and i went a little wild. not running naked through the woods wild, but i did apparently maul my hubby in the tent... i remembered my thermometer & took my temp every morning, but it could have been 4:30 am or 8- i have no idea! i got a little spike up this morning and had something that could very well have been ovulation pain yesterday, so who knows. i could have actually had a pretty early O- day 15... plus drunken mountain sex- i am pretty sure we will have to name our baby sullivan or monguap after the park or the lake... (if only!)

3 comments:

nancy said...

Damn! No pictures?! I was hoping to see them! And I can't believe you've not only never peed in the woods, but you thought you would never do it to begin with! lol!

I'm so happy you had a wonderful time. Yay! And I need to check out your chart!!! I'm excited for you to have Od already!

lub said...

I love camping too! I hope you o'ed- the crazy mountain sex would be great to tell your kid someday!

jenn said...

I think I spoke too soon- temp dip this morning says no O- but oh well, it's still a good story!