i am impressed- on the most romantic day of the year i will have my initial consult with my new RE. the wait is pretty quick from what i've heard, but it's ironic that the earliest appointment is on valentine's day.
some girls get chocolates...
i am excited, and nervous, and a little sad all rolled into one. i honestly didn't think i would get to this point when we decided to start trying. but here we are. i am excited about the possibility of finding a solution, or a reason, or at least a freaking plan!
i am a little nervous because of the whole insurance & expendable income for the next few months. my insurance will cover all testing & treatments 'for underlying causes'. but no medications, ultrasounds (unless for diagnostic purposes), injects, IUI's, or IVF. if we end up in treatments i am not sure if it's really feasable for us for the next few months while we straighten out the finances. i'm thrilled that my insurance covers testing & i am anxious to get this show on the road, but i am afraid of nothing being found, and having to wait to move foward. i do know that there is better coverage with my insurance & if it comes to it i can find out what (if any) plan at work i can switch to would have it. but that's still in the future. i am going to attempt to stick to what's going on right now- rather than getting caught up in what may come.
isn't it funny to actually hope that something is found... i want there to be a (fixable) problem. after thinking about how i would feel right now & actually dreading the moment of making the call, admitting i need the appointment- i am much more calm than i would have ever expected. it's like it was with my kidney- while i was in limbo on whether the kidney would get to stay, i was scared & very apprehensive about it going. but once i knew that i would be better off without it, once i had a good team behind me & i knew that my best interests lay in having the sucker taken out, i became much calmer about the whole experience. it still wasn't fun to go through & i wish things would have been different so i didn't have to go though it at all- but when it was all said & done everything was exactly how it should have been.
and hey- i get to think up a cool RE nickname- what girl wouldn't look forward to that!
12 comments:
My best friend went to that clinic and she has two little boys. Do you remember that show Friends? Monica and Chandler had some problem where they couldn't get pregnant (and ended up adopting in a week). It was something like the girls body chemistry kills off the guys sperm. That's what my friend had, but treatments worked and she had a good experience there.
Oh hey, I grew up in the Willow Grove/Hatboro area.
good to hear! We really like that area- if we could have afforded it we would have moved there- although I will say that I would miss living in the city...
How romantic - RE and chocolates
Every time you mention your kidney I think to myself you should consider seeing an acupuncturist. Anatomically, the kidneys are associated with and formed from the Mullerian ducts, which also form the uterus and ovaries. I know this because the anomaly I have also has a high incidence of renal issues. In traditional chinese medicine, getting the kidneys on track is often associated with reproductive capability.
Did you loose the kidney prior to TTC?
As ou head into RE care, I know finances are on your mind. There is a community acupunture center in West P where you can get treatments on a sliding scale.
Something to think about. I know what you mean about wanting a definable problem. Knowing makes it easier to stomach..
m
M- thanks for the info on the kidney- in all honesty if testing doesn't bear fruit (hee hee) I will probably move to TCM because I am curious about it, I've heard so many good things, and it's less money.
To answer your question- I did lose it before ttc- I was born with a congenital defect that is now diagnosed in utero & fixed at 6 mos. old. But mine wasn't found until 26 & by then my kidney hadn't worked in maybe 10 years. I've been assured by every doc I saw that my reproductive function wouldn't be impaired at all & any pregnancy I have would be normal.
But I still wouldn't mind checking accupuncture out- I just want to take one thing at a time right now. :)
Good luck with the RE appointment. I am hoping that you find answers through the diagnostic testings and that the fixes as relatively easy.
It's looking like my egg retrieval is going to fall on Valentine's Day, which I'm finding kind of funny as well. Actually seems like the most "romantic" thing we've done in a while!
Just take things one step at a time! Wishing you well...
YAY! I'm so glad you were able to get an appointment so quickly. I'll be looking forward to hearing your narrative of the process (wholly selfishly, I assure you) so that it can calm my nerves about taking that step myself.
And I completely know what you mean about that phone call being the difficult part. It took three days (and several months of hemming and hawing before hand), but I finally got the name and phone number of the surgeon my GP referred me to, and after a healthy dose of googling, I called this morning to make the appointment for the consulation to have the gall bladder removed. The surgeon is a woman first of all (which somehow makes me think better of her already), and second of all, she has published numerous papers relating to gall bladder surgery. And she is in a tiny practice with her father, which makes me feel so much better, too. Anyhow, all that said, I was still shaking when I made the call this morning. But it's done. And I'll be seeing her on Feb. 6th.
Yay! Yay for taking next steps!
Ooo. I too am excited to come up with names for people when I start.
I'm really hoping this RE can figure out what's up and get you pregnant.
Mmm. Almond bars sounds delicious. I will rummage through your back post later to see if I can find the them.
Yeah, dh and I didn't really talk about the *content* of my blog, notably the part where I talked about resenting him and wanting to use a sperm donor. When I realized he'd read it I felt like my head was caving in. I'm still kind of pissed off and worried, but he;s actually been really loving the past couple days. Weird. (Hope you don't mind my posting it here, but I think he's still reading my blog! Grrr!)
post away- maybe we'll start a new trend of bitching about our hubbies only in the comments of other's blogs...
I'll try to remember to e-mail you the recipe tomorrow if you don't find it...
Post a Comment