things i love
'borrowed' from
kate:
- hot chocolate: the drink of comfort. i always feel better with a mug of cocoa. especially on dreary gray days. it somehow lifts your spirits more than booze ever could. possibly all the warm milk & chocolate chemicals- you think...
- my dog: the chubbs. he is so freaking happy to see me every time i walk through the door. while i love him every day- i especially love him after a very long & trying day. 5 minutes of cuddles & it's 'what problems'!
- nag champa incense: LOVED this is college- it's not as hippy a smell as sandalwood or patchouli incense, not as smoky & bitter as crappy cheap incense. it's only $2 at the little tibetan store on my way home from work (or near where a friend lives). it reminds me of college & being carefree. somehow it helps spark my creativity- maybe because we burned it to hide other smells.... whichever reason
- new sheets: seriously- do i need to describe why they rock...
- on a related note- fleece pyjama pants: bright red, super comfy, cuddly & warm enough that my cold blood feels toasty. the only thing that beats them is being able to lounge around in them on a saturday for a few hours.
- finally being able to put my hair in a ponytail without multiple clips & pins keeping it there. still not quite pretty or work appropriate- but better than i've had in a year & a half!
1 comment:
yeah! I began telling people years ago that I felt that life was simply too short to wear uncomfortable shoes or sleep on scratchy sheets. I have never looked back. I think that definitely ties in to the pyjama thing. I got a really ugly polar fleece shirt at Old Slavy the other day, and it's so ridiculously soft that I have to put it on as SOON as I get home, pretty much every day.
Post a Comment