Tuesday, February 26, 2008

nerves of rubber

tomorrow is my hss. it has really snuck up on me! besides being fairly insane at work with a deadline & dealing with the hub's job crazies & trying to figure out how long we'll have to scrape by, i also drove down to see my fols & sis this weekend. it was a nice little visit & i returned my dad's car, but it was a very short & not at all relaxing weekend.

i was supposed to pick up my antibiotics prescription when i got home on sunday- but i was too tired to even remember it. in fact i didn't remember it until about 8pm last night. so i missed my first does, but since it's a precaution (i think) i should be fine. i have to be up by 5 or so tomorrow so i can leave my house by 6:45 to get there by 7:15- a full hour & 15 minutes early!!! why i need to be there so early is beyond me, but if it gets me done & out sooner i'll be happy. i'm already missing work for thursdays hsg (which between you & me is the one i'm more nervous for!) and i will have to stay late (again) to make up for it.

i haven't figured out yet whether or not to have a chat with my manager about this stuff- i'm only going to most likely miss more work & i really don't want her to think i am a slacker or interviewing elsewhere. i'm sure she'd be understanding & she really wouldn't push me to know more than i am willing to tell, but i'm way too tired to get into any conversations about the fact that i am missing work for infertility testing- especially not the manager who has the most adorable 18month old little girl- who was born right when we started trying.

i am rambling. i'm nervous. i never wanted to see this day & i really don't like the idea of anything being shoved up my hoo-ha, especially not while i am awake & have an audience. thank goodness i don't have to pay for these because that would really drive me nuts!

i'll be sure to update tomorrow afterwards, but it probably won't be until later in the afternoon.

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

oh I am thinking of you for your appointment tomorrow!

Happy said...

Good luck!!! I'll be sending good vibes your way.

I didn't say anything to my manager until I knew I was definitely going to pursue fertility treatments. The monitoring/IUI thing does require a lot of appointments so THEN I said something.

admin said...

Good luck. I'll be thinking about you today and tomorrow.

As for disclosure. Remember once you tell, you can't go back. It is a lot of pressure when people arround you know (you feel like they are always waiting for an announcement). In part, the support is good. But most people don't know how to support those who are struggling with IF. Sometimes, telling is worse than keeping it to yourself.

kate said...

I'll be thinking about you today!

Jen said...

Good luck today...and tomorrow too! I did not tell my boss (apparently he kind of figured it out but kept it to himself). Luckily I'm so close to the RE that most appointments could be scheduled around lunch time. Not a fun way to spend lunch but better than having to tell everybody I work with what is going on. Back-to-back HSS & HSG's are tough though. You're a brave lady.