my kate-e-fur is coming to see me! 2 & a half weeks! i even took off a few days from work to make the most of it- we're going to museums & gardens & exploring my city like i haven't had the chance to do in a while!
i hope it's a good distraction for her in this tough time. unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) i will be due for my period while she's here. so i will either be unable to commisserate properly with her over a few bottles of wine (how else do you say good riddance to a crappy hubby of 5 months who left you to be a divorcee before the thank you cards are all sent out!) or i will be unable to stop the weeping & just bring her back down... i would rather take door number one bob.
5 comments:
Yay for seeing friends! I hope you have a nice visit where you can't drink.
I saw the Kahlo exhibit this weekend. It is worth the trip (although be warned she deals specifically with m/c in the paintings.) Waring though - we went on a Sunday and it was unbelievably packed. So if you go, do it during the week.
Have fun with your gal. I always feel so rejuvinated and wonderfuly distracted when friends come in for a visit - even if under stressful circumstances. It'll feel nice to lend support to her.
M- I've got it all planned- Thursday we are doing the Kahlo exhibit (she's an art teacher & I LOVE Kahlo- even the movie!) and then Longwood Gardens. Friday is all about the ghost tour or historical tour of old city & the duck boat just because it's obnoxious. Saturday will be strolling around the Italian Market & brunch at Sabrina's- then just wandering & catching up & taking pics. I think saturday night will be our 'out' night and maybe we'll hit up Old City- but more likely either Tattoo Mom's, Sugar Mom's or the Khyber if someone good is playing- she is my punk rock buddy so we have to rock it old school.
Can y'all tell I am excited! I told her to look up stuff too- these are just my thoughts on what we should do- but she's the tourist!
Awesome. Seeing friends is so damned important for a good life. Yay you!
I'm glad you get to see your friend (and what an awesome name, BTW!). I love having friends visit us because there is actually some really fun and cool stuff to do here that I NEVER do because I live here, so having someone come visit is great because we actually will get out and do some of that awesome stuff.
Post a Comment