last night the hub & i went with some friends to see the new batm.an at the im.ax theater downtown. all i have to say is it was fucking awesome! i have a strong fondness in my heart for the very first ones of the series, but these last two get back to that dark feeling, this one even more than the last. the performances were really good & despite sitting staring practically straight up for almost 3 hours- i was really engaged every minute. i recommend seeing it- but maybe in a normal theater! i feel like i might have missed about 25% of the movie since the screen was so incredibly big. it was completely sold out too, and our group was 13 people, miraculously we all got to sit in the same row- even if that was the 3rd row from the front. sitting further back wold have helped a lot, but we got only there 45 minutes early, since waiting for 2 hours to get the best seats was not our priority!
it was a really nice saturday night though- we love our friends & it's always good to spend time with them. they are going through their own house stress, so i know it was good for all of us to just have a night off & wander around the museum area. we went to this little tavern to get some dinner, but the menu really sucked & had a moose lodge kind of feel. we just had our one drink & left (ice tea for me). then we went t a little pizza place/deli & the woman at the counter was so cranky, plus they didn't have slices!!! what the hell?! so of course i got some deep fried chicken because i just blurted out the first thing i saw that looked good. uugh- the only good thing about that was that i was too bloated & full after eating to get any popcorn- even though i have a great & undying love for popcorn. i didn't even get any the night before either when we say another movie on our 'date night', go figure...
despite our interesting food experiences, it was a really great night & today is all about staying home, relaxing, maybe checking out the produce stand, but more likely just cleaning & crocheting while watching some sappy sunday movies. perfect for 8dpiui.
speaking of which i am now in the fighting off 'symptoms' mode of my wait. i keep telling myself it's too early for any symptoms, not that i really have any. i just really don't want to think about it until test day- which could be thursday, but i am not sure i want to test & then have to go to work. i would rather wait until saturday so i can have the whole day to either celebrate, or get tanked & cry. of course- the hub has taken obsession to a whole new level. he can't wait for me to test & despite my best explanations, cajoling, begging, & downright pouting- he refuses to have sex with me until i take the test. as he put it- he doesn't want to 'knock anything around'. it's sweet how concerned & hopeful & nervous he is- but why do i have to suffer for his pig-headed belief that sex would have any negative effect on fertilization or implantation? i don't think i am the first woman to have a husband with this idea stuck in his head, but 2 week without really sucks. and he is stubborn- no matter how many times i explain, or how many articles i show him (if i could find an article that says sex during the 2ww has no effect on pregnancy rates) he will not budge. i might test earlier just so i canget some! ;o)
4 comments:
I just love the hub - that is so funny that he is afraid to knock something loose. I am the same way:) I guess we all grab on to our own special, if night illogical, explanations when we need to.
Your wait is drawing to a close. It seems, at least based on your writing, that ou have been doing pretty well. I hope you close out the week with calmness... And perhaps a burst of joy and excitement at the end. Wishing for the very best.
m
I'm not sure of your work schedule, but a friday night test seams to work real nice, then you'll have a full extra 10-12 hours of either relief or getting tanked before you have to be to work.
My family wants me to go see that new bat man movie with them, I cant gear my self up to do it. I never really have liked super hero movies except super man when I was little. But the last bat man movies were depressing to me. What do you think, is this one a totally different feel? or do you think its just not my thing?
The first IUI I tested, but after that I waited until the blood test so I could atleast have hope for 2 weeks.
After an IUI I was always paranoid about the swimmers coming out. I remember holding it because I didn't want any to slip away.
We haven't seen the new Bat Man flick yet, but I hear it is really good! I was thinking about going to KOP and seeing it on the IMAX...
After my 2nd IUI I tested Wednesday and Friday and got negative results. Then Saturday I tested and surprisingly got the positive. Admittedly it was nice to have the day off to just bask in the BFP and take it all in. But at the same time, having work to keep your mind occupied is helpful no matter how a test pans out.
Post a Comment