Wednesday, July 9, 2008

T-2 days- I think

Thank you everyone for the very nice & comforting words on the post below. yes- i do know that she didn't get my baby, or diminish the pool any, but it is the first thought i had- that because she got pregnant (while NOT trying & probably on the pill or something & certainly not married or even planning on it as far as i know....) somehow that means that i won't. which i know is utterly ridiculous- but it is a common feeling. i only indulged it for the afternoon. yesterday i was fighting my way back to my almost zen-like approach to this iui.
it's ironic because just monday afternoon i was commenting to my acupuncturist how calm & relaxed i was with the whole process. it feels surreal-like it's happening to someone else. i am almost completely removed from the process. literally- i just need to show up & someone else is going to work on getting me pregnant. i have already done everything i can (except for one last romp tonight with the hub & perhaps one after the iui) other than that- it's out of my hands. the outcome of this cycle isn't giving me any anxiety- i simply don't believe i am actually doing an iui. someone else is & it really doesn't affect me. i'm sure this very relaxed (hee hee) approach will all change once hit 2ww hell. but maybe not.
the worst part about hearing the news of the hubs friend was seeing his reaction honestly. i'm not all that close with the girlfriend, sure we hang out when we see them- but i wouldn't expect to call her up or go to her shower. they lived on the other side of the country & even though they are moving back to this coast- i still don't expect to see them too often. but this is the hub's first experience with a fertile couple while we are infertile. he never thought of us as infertile until the past few months. and i think it's hit him hard. he couldn't sleep & is now gung-ho on selling every useless item in our house & getting everything done that he can to "get me pregnant" or "get us babies" (he's so sweet, but not so eloquent!), including looking for a better job. it would be very sweet if it didn't also break my heart.

either way- i go in tomorrow morning for what i think is my final scan & b/w before trigger & iui. i think i feel my right ovary. which is really fucking weird. it's like little pulsing sensations. i felt one or two twinges on the left, but righty is much stronger. i swear that i will be right at the point of trigger tomorrow & they will do it there. that means that in two days time- i will be as close to actually getting pregnant as i have ever been- at least in the medical assistance & money spent aspects. if only that's enough.
until then- i am trying to remain/regain my calm peacefulness. and hopefully this will all be worth it very very soon. because i don't really want to think about the alternative of having to put this on hold (art that is- we would never really stop trying)

6 comments:

admin said...

I know it is hard to see the hub sad, but it sounds like this experience has been a real taste of reality for him. It seems that he is more aligned with your level of understanding now - which is wonderful. I know is was hard for my DH to comprehend, and I always felt like I was more "in" it than him.

I just love that he is fired up to find a way to "get you babies." (fingers crossed) Perhaps he won't have to:)

Happy triggers!!!

Io said...

Heh. For some reason as I read this I started humming the Indiana Jones song. I think I am being positive for you and it seems like such a march-forward and kick-ass song. Or rather, march-forward-into-stirrups and get pregnant.
Poor husband. Mine is the same way about being a little late to the understanding game and now making me feel sad while he's sweet. (I think that makes sense)
Anyways, march on to that IUI my friend!

Monica Fayth said...

I am so pulling for you and hoping this iui works. I'm not going to say too much so it doesn't get your hopes up too much. But just know that I'm here for you cheering you on.

and isn't it interesting the way husbands change once they realize the reality of infertility?

kate said...

Ah, yes. Watching the realization that we are infertile dawn on H was heartbreaking. It seems like it took a really long time for H to get it, but then again, I'm the one that keeps a blog and has others in the same boat. H just doesn't think about it as often as I do, I guess.

Anyway, I think he understands now, and if I could have, I would have done anything to have saved him from that knowledge.

Happy said...

I felt all sorts of weird pains in my ovaries during my clomid time. With every IUI I was excited because I knew that there was absolutely no way we could get pregnant the old fashioned way.

Jen said...

I'm sending you lots of big follie vibes hon!