Tuesday, July 29, 2008

i HATE quest (updated)

no 2nd beta for me today. the genius's at quest decided that they didn't really need to run a beta on my blood & only did progesterone. morons. now they have to rerun it & i get the results tomorrow.ack! livid! this is my doubling time people! the only good news is i go back in for #3 tomorrow. so maybe my vampire will do a peek again for me...
probably not though because they didn't find out about it until after 3 today, so it probably won't be in until later. poop. it still doesn't quite feel real, but it may be starting to sink in a little. the hub is already freaked out about money- not that we haven't thought about it & tried to plan, but after 20 months of just trying, we kept moving money to other more immediate things. thank goodness we have time to figure things out!

update: today i called at noon- had to leave a message since it was lunch. i heard back by 2:30- they hadn't received them yet but i was assured that the second my results came in i would know. by 5 i hadn't heard anything. i am now getting pissed. tomorrow i should get results #2 & 3 back at the same time. but i want to know NOW what my doubling time is! bitches.
i did however get my first i could almost hurl moment today- about 20 minutes after lunch intense nausea fr about 30 seconds. then gone. i don't have as much of an appetite as usual, but i hadn't had any nausea- which i wasn't expecting for a few weeks anyway. at least until week 6. of course- it could have just been hot day & crappy lunch combined. we'll see...

5 comments:

nancy said...

I hate them too.

Bastards!!!!!

admin said...

a-holes.

So was it the IUI or the motocycle that sealed the deal:)

CanadianMama said...

I remember feeling just like this when I was newly pregnant too. I was worried about getting everything and The Hub was also worried about money.
The great thing is that people will come out of the woodwork to give you baby stuff. Everyone loves a baby and you will be amazed at what you get before and after the baby comes!
I also shop second hand. There is a great place by our house and most of the time I can get brand name clothing with the tags still on for a third of the price, same with ebay!

kate said...

suck! What a bunch of crap! I really hate when people don't take their jobs seriously and make mistakes that cause problems like this. I mean, how are you supposed to test your doubling time if they don't test the hCG???

Bunch of assholes!

And the money thing will work itself out- it always does!

Io said...

Hey, I hope you got two and three today and they were good.