serving on a jury is NOTHING like you expect if the only experience you were basing said expectation on was law oriented television. it is a lot of hurry up & wait. we finished out the case in 2 whole days, but it really should have only taken one. as we started to deliberate- one of us asked, how many decided after hearing only the plaintiff's? we all raised our hands. we decided for the
defendent. it's a civil case- and it was very obvious to all of us that the plaintiff was only trying to get some money, not recoup from pain & suffering. and the
defendent now can have their
countersuit & hopefully get their defense fees back. the case never should have made it to a full jury trial- it was pretty obvious what happened & that the plaintiff's were lying about multiple things. oh well- i got three days off work (not that part of me wouldn't have rather been at work all that time anyway!) and i met some very interesting people. let's just say- that whole cross section of the population thing was evident in my jury. there was someone of almost every race, education, income, & a lot of personality! it was interesting!
on to better things- here is the fabulous package from the lovely
io :
first off- 6 skeins of funky red yarn, i already have a thought what i will make- hint- it starts with an s & ends with a carf. (they're sitting on my 2nd 2ww project- the little blanket that may be a throw or may be a gift...)
then this box of lemonh.eads- check out the awesome little tin! (unfortunately the hub got to them before i could & they are but a memory of yummy hanging in his tummy- but he really enjoyed them so i guess that's okay...)

there's some iron on t-shirt transfer paper that you can print from your
laserjet printer... i am brewing a few ideas on this as well!

a cute little pack of playing cards (that i must confess on first glance in the package appeared to be something much much naughtier to me! i guess i just have a dirty mind)

an awesome pink indy fire dept tee- it's just this side of too big so it will hopefully turn into a cute belly shirt, ahem wishful thinking here.


and finally the icing on the top of this distraction cake- a gorgeous portfolio stuffed with pr.ismacolors & a pad & tons of little pockets all over... i am so stoked about this one & i don't know how she knew i could use such a wonderful gift! but i am touched & warmed to the bottom of my heart that she decided to send me such a thoughtful gift pack!
i am so excited & touched & feel so warm & fuzzy right now. it really does make my wait more than bearable. speaking of which- i thought i had decided to test tomorrow, but if i do i think it won't be until evening. all signs seem to point to my period not showing up tomorrow to crash the party, but i tend to have a 13 day lp. sometimes 12 sometimes 14, but i at least want to wait until a short lp is safely behind me. also- a very good point was made to me today- if i test in the morning- even if it is a positive (please, please, please, please) i will have to basically shout it to my sleeping, grumpy husband as i run out the door to work. then i can sit at my desk & either try not to cry or to keep my shit eating grin from making my coworkers think i've gone off the deep end. at least if i wait until i get home tomorrow i can celebrate or commiserate with the hub. he even has my favorite organic microbrew on hand just in case. (okay- the neighbor gave it to him because he drinks nothing but coor.s light & there will be some left if i need it- it has been hard to see him enjoying my delicious amber ale & not be able to have any, but the second i think about giving in & having a sip- i imaging how i will reproach myself if this doesn't work out, or if it does but something happens- i'd rather just wait until i know i can't torture myself) so- by this time tomorrow i may have an update, but i am playing it by ear- it depends on so many whims & feelings from the day.
like today- i had to run to pee about 7 times during the day today- a bit much even for the one kidney wonder. and the little minor cramps & twinges have me convinced i will see a second line finally. but my boobs aren't sore a bit, and i have felt all these things before. so i would rather wait it out & be at least comfortable with when i take the test & the fact that the hub gets to be there with & for me. he's been so involved & emotionally invested in this cycle- even more that i have been i think. i feel like i owe it to him to be able to just be together after we find out if this worked or not...
8 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you liked your distraction. I had a feeling that with your career you were probably a fan of p.rismacolor - I love them.
I'm still sad that I didn't get picked d when I was called for jury duty.
Oh - and I'm sorry the cards weren't what you thought! Heh.
Oh Jenn, wishing and hoping and keeping everything crossed for you! Please update as soon as you test!!
Good luck tonight. Been thinking about you and wishing for the very, very, very, very, very best outcome possible. Good call waiting in the test. I could never wait. You are much more of a hard ass than I - or perhaps just a little smarter:)
I've been reading your blog for a while and I'm so excited for you!! I hope, hope, Hope your intuition is right and you see that second line!
I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way. I've got everything crossed until those test results are in.
Yay! I'll be waiting to hear the results (and though I'll miss your 2ww, I, too, will have a little something in the mail to you soon!).
Officially jealous. :)
Post a Comment