Saturday, August 30, 2008

i know- i suck

aci am the worst blogger ever! almost a week in between posts! to be fair- it wasn't all that exciting a week. morning sickness still lasts until around 4 pm. but i have only thrown up twice so far. food continues to be the enemy- especially at lunch. i can't eat protein then unless it's peanut butter or cheese. speaking of cheese- cheese sticks are my secret weapon- so weird...
other than that i feel really good. i am starting to get a little bloated belly at the end of the day, pants fit a little tighter, but i am the only one who notices. the hub thinks i am crazy!
he is happy about my purchase yesterday though- i officially moved up in bra sizes. i really should have gotten the 34DD, (yes- i'm a D to begin with- yikes for the next 7 months & beyond!) but i just couldn't bring myself to go from the 2 hook band to the 3 hook band. 2 hooks means there are still pretty feminine bras i can wear- 3 hooks means i am turning into my mother with the ultra supportive yet unattractive undergarments. (to be fair- mom really likes vickie's secret- so she finds some pretty ones- but i can't afford them for a bra i will grow out of in the next few weeks/months)
i am sure i will have to take the plunge soon, but i am holding off as long as a 36D will let me!

my parents are coming up to visit this weekend- mom has made me an apple pie & some cheese bread, she made sausage & peppers for the hub & brought a ton of food for a bbq at my aunt's tomorrow. it should be a really nice visit & i haven't seen them in a really long time, so i am very much looking forward to this weekend!

-i also told my boss yesterday- it went really well. except for the fact that she already knew! the woman must be observant as hell because i thought i was being so sneaky! she was really sweet though & it gets a little more real each person i tell... i wonder when it's going to feel real all the time.

i hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend!

quick update- my parents brought me about 10 pregnancy, name, & parenting books from my sister- she took color coded notes for e on what to expect- things like 'stuff for the hub', 'aw(notice very few of these), 'scary- but should know', & my favorite- 'ew- sucks to be you'! she also made notations on the little tabs- on the "Your Pregnancy Lifestyle' page- under 'scary- but should know': Congratulations- now change Everything!
i love my sister! she took weeks to read through this book (which i have heard has a bit of a scary 'holy crap!' kind of info in it) to highlight what she thought i should know & to put funny little comments to make me happier while reading it! i just wish she could have come to visit these weekend too... i miss her!
one last thing- did you notice my widget baby finally has lost that creepy look? yay for 9 weeks! it feels so far from only 5 weeks ago when i found out, but still ages from holding our spring roll...

6 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Jennifer, thank you so much for reading along over on my blog! I am SO HAPPY to click over and see that you have morning sickness! Well, you know what I mean - glad that you have a REASON to have m/s! I remember reading a few of your entries a while back (I think when you were given a Pink Rose Award) and I am SO OVERJOYED to come here and see that you are now pregnant! I'm adding you to my reader so I can keep track of you now! :)

admin said...

Oh, the bras! I did the same thing... Moving from a 34 C to a 36 D in and attemot to avoid those boulder holders. My mom took it upon herself to buy me some nursing bras which I was too superstitious to take the tags off of for weeks. They have scary shoulder staps, but are comfy. That might be your next move.

Have a great holiday weekend!!
m

CanadianMama said...

I say that you should save your money and buy a good nursing bra (when the time comes). I am very busty (32E) and I just bought some really cheap nursing bras at Target for the first little bit. After about a month I spent some real money on good nursing bras. While they are hard to find (and pricey) you can get some really cute and supportive underwire ones, totally worth the money!
Oh, and happy 9 weeks - so exciting!!

kate said...

Heh. I know it sucks to go up in sizes, but as I have two new bras, one of which has three hooks and the other of which has FOUR!!!!, I can assure you that you can find plenty of very cute bras even as far up as the 4 hook arena.

I have no holiday weekend. In this part of the world, for some reason, they do not consider professors to be subject to being "labor"ers, and thus, they do not give any of us in the academia world the day off. Which SUCKS. But frankly, at this point, I'm SO not complaining. I get to be pretty much off all day, so I have no right to get pissy about Labor Day (though I do get to be pissy on H's behalf, who is most upset that he no longer gets a long weekend right after the start of the semester, as they did back in Texas...).


I've been away far too long (been reading, but not commenting. Don't know why...), but OMG. You and your tiny 8 week belly! So CUTE! I just know that any day now it will start to seem fully 100% real to you, my preggo friend!

And your sister is precious for doing all that for you with the notes and everything. How wonderful.

Io said...

These DD's gave up on super cute bras a long time ago. I have like two pretty bras, but I need *support*!
that is seriously sweet about your sister making you Cliffnotes!

nancy said...

hrm. Is it going to be another week until we get a new blog entry?