Thursday, October 23, 2008

so behind

i have my 16 week photo- taken at only 16w4d! i know- i'm a slacker! the good news is that the bump is officially here! now- of course this photo was taken at the end of the day- plus i'm wearing a dress so no sexy naked belly, but you really get the idea! (don't mind the mess- we're cleaning everything we don't use out to make some storage room for the rest of the nursery stuff... anyone looking for a pot rack or a clock?)
it looks really high in this picture too... less than two weeks until the big u/s & hopefully knowing if we are planning for a penis- or a no penis (as my derby girlfriend put it!) i can't wait- we have the boys name set- it's been the same for almost 2 years & we still love it, but the girls name is a bit harder. we are down to two top contenders, but aren't thinking much more about it until we know. so hopefully this kid behaves at some point during the hour they are taking pics & measurements! it will be nice to walk into an appointment & look like i belong there with all the other big bellies.
i have a halloween party to go to tomorrow & on halloween. costumes are tricky. i'm not quite pregnant enough to go as anything obvious & funny- like a pregnant nun (!) but who knows if i will ever have the opportunity to dress a bump for halloween again. i'm going to the first one as as.hley simps.on - easy costume: black t-dress, converse, hoody, straight hair- i already have the bangs, big sunglasses & lots of black eyeliner. the hub can even throw on his own hoody & be Pe.te W.ent.z. without the makeup & straightened hair...
but the next one is all friends- so i have something very special planned. i hope to get to it this weekend, so i will post a pic if it turns out well!

7 comments:

admin said...

Yep, yer knocked up! You look freaking adorable. So jealous you get to dress all cute and show off your bump. Can't wait to hear the results of the scan... Are you sharing the gender once you know it?

Anonymous said...

OMG! Look at you! Your bump!!!! Oh, my gosh. You really do look pregnant. It's so exciting!

And I like your costume idea. Very cute.

Birdee said...

Wow, the comment poster changed.

WAY CUTE BUMP! (and that is a bump) I love it!!
I say definetly dress it up for halloween, like you say, this is your only chance with this LO.

I think even an oragne T-shirt with black felt cut out to make pumpkin eyes, nose and mouth would be cute, or how funny would a long drappy t-shirt be with Ghost eyes and spooky mouth cut out glued on it, that would be way cute. (just an idea)
But I cant wait to see what ever you do, just Show It Off!! ;)

jenn said...

Thanks ladies!
M- I am definitely sharing the gender- I'll be too excited & I can't keep a secret to save my life! (Not when it's my secret- I'm great with other peoples- go figure...)

KatieM said...

You look great! Oh, and I love that dress...super cute!

Io said...

That is totally a bump! Yay, it's here!
I like the Ashlee Simpson idea.

nancy said...

awwww - so cute!!!!