holy crap- i am now officially in the double digits to go... how did that happen so quickly?!
just picked up the bedding set- so adorable! all brand spanking new- packages not even opened yet! my aunt has my cradle for me the next time i see her so i just need to get sheets & maybe an extra mattress for that. (the one she has is only about an inch thick- is this okay or should i invest in a slightly thicker one? or is it okay to use that with a couple of receiving blankets for softness? thanks!)
we really will just need the nursury furniture- crib & changing table. and of course the carseat & stroller! everything else we are either okay on, or can pick up whenever. oh- and the best friend will be over in about an hour to take pretty pictures & discuss my shower. -my other friend was supposed to help plan it, but she is in ny & has a ton going on in her life right now. i know she reached out to a bunch of people & had a tentative date, but no one has heard from her. i really don't want or need my shower to be a surprise- mainly because i am offering my house as a location for it & it would help for me to know at least when it is & how many people to expect. i don't need to be a momzilla- i honestly don't care for the big elaborate showers anyway. i didn't want one for my wedding & what i got was absolutely perfect. a great potluck buffet at a friends house followed by a night of dancing & drinking with the girls (and my mom, lol!) my only dilemma is who to invite... it always seems so tricky with friends from work (who i know will end up going in on a work shower & i wouldn't dream of having anyone think they ~have~ to get me a gift- much less two!) and then the in-law issue... i don't know if any of my in-laws would want to travel for a shower that's really all about me- as much as the hub is excited this isn't his deal. he kind of wants to disappear for the shower- wherever it is. which is fine with me. i don't know, i'll figure it out. i also understand that times are tough for a lot of people right now & if any of his family wants to wait until the baby is here so they can meet her that's fine with me too. i am trying to keep everything as low key & stress free as possible.
now i am off to play in the nursery with the new bedding until the best friend shows up. i love this shit- it's like a kid in a candy store for me!
just picked up the bedding set- so adorable! all brand spanking new- packages not even opened yet! my aunt has my cradle for me the next time i see her so i just need to get sheets & maybe an extra mattress for that. (the one she has is only about an inch thick- is this okay or should i invest in a slightly thicker one? or is it okay to use that with a couple of receiving blankets for softness? thanks!)
we really will just need the nursury furniture- crib & changing table. and of course the carseat & stroller! everything else we are either okay on, or can pick up whenever. oh- and the best friend will be over in about an hour to take pretty pictures & discuss my shower. -my other friend was supposed to help plan it, but she is in ny & has a ton going on in her life right now. i know she reached out to a bunch of people & had a tentative date, but no one has heard from her. i really don't want or need my shower to be a surprise- mainly because i am offering my house as a location for it & it would help for me to know at least when it is & how many people to expect. i don't need to be a momzilla- i honestly don't care for the big elaborate showers anyway. i didn't want one for my wedding & what i got was absolutely perfect. a great potluck buffet at a friends house followed by a night of dancing & drinking with the girls (and my mom, lol!) my only dilemma is who to invite... it always seems so tricky with friends from work (who i know will end up going in on a work shower & i wouldn't dream of having anyone think they ~have~ to get me a gift- much less two!) and then the in-law issue... i don't know if any of my in-laws would want to travel for a shower that's really all about me- as much as the hub is excited this isn't his deal. he kind of wants to disappear for the shower- wherever it is. which is fine with me. i don't know, i'll figure it out. i also understand that times are tough for a lot of people right now & if any of his family wants to wait until the baby is here so they can meet her that's fine with me too. i am trying to keep everything as low key & stress free as possible.
now i am off to play in the nursery with the new bedding until the best friend shows up. i love this shit- it's like a kid in a candy store for me!
here's the pillow in the room- too much to get the whole kit out & propped to take a picture as there is no furniture in the room yet!

the rest of the set is here. i love it! and it works so perfectly in the room, you'd think i did this for a living, hee hee!
8 comments:
I want a picture of the bedding damn it!!!
Congrats on the double digits milestone. YAY!!!!!! I couldn't wait for that number to hit. I have 26 days to go. That doesn't even seem possible.
A cradle with an inch thick mattress? Should be fine. Babies don't weigh that much. You don't want to lay babies on blankets though because of the whole smothering thing. They should only sleep on nice and tight sheets that are sure to be tucked in.
Why do you not have a carseat yet? That's the one thing you really need! The other stuff? Bah - none of it is necessary for the big arrival.
I'm sad I don't have a shower. I know I shouldn't have a shower, but seeing everyone else's pictures and big plans? Ugh. I'm jealous.
Nancy- I have to laugh because I knew you would be the first to comment & if I didn't have a picture up you would say something, lol!
I wasn't thinking of blankets on the sheets- I know that's a no no. If an inch is good that's fine with me- I was thinking that I could pad out the mattress with a pad or blanket or two underneath the sheet- so everything was still nice & tight & smooth with no suffocation issues!
I haven't gotten the carseat yet because the shower is yet to be planned. I have no idea if anyone will get it for me, but I figure I should wait until at least then to see! Hopefully it will be presidents weekend. God- you'll have Karl in your arms by then! Crazy!!!!
(and I'm sorry about you not getting a shower- through a Karl party after he's born... even though it's not really the same since that's all about him & a shower is at least partly about ~you~!)
Oh don't be sorry! I'm just being a big baby about it feeling sorry for myself.
Ah on the blankets under the mattress. I would just play it by ear. If she seems to be uncomfortable, then add some padding. I have a moses basket for the baby to sleep in when I'm in the living room or wherever, and have the same issue. But then I think a little teeny baby will barely make a dent, you know?
I really like the selection that you picked! Congrats on the double digits...that is so cool!
Congrats on the double digits! It seems like just yesterday, I was hitting the 100 number. But now that I'm under 30, I'm starting to get a little freaked. Though I've been feeling a bit rough the last few days and not felt like doing too much. My MIL got us our carseat/stroller traveling system a while back, but I just got it out of the box this past week. But now the stroller is put together and I ordered a second base for our second vehicle. Now I've just gotta finish cleaning out the nursery and put together the crib and changing table!
I really like the bedding set you picked out. I think I looked at that one when I was registering online. As far as the shower thing, you can always let your in-laws know about it and at least give them the option. That way they don't feel slighted or anything.
The bedding is so cute.
I have to keep reminding my self I'm even pregnant, I feel a little jealous when I see people reach milestones - then I remember "I'm having my own!! =D)
And as much as I thought I didnt want a baby shower, I now want one, I'm looking forward and getting excited for one. All the pictures and talk of everyone getting theirs does get you in the mood.
I love the colors and it is so cheerful and it can go through double diget ages too.
Can't wait to see the finished nursery!
Post a Comment