My sweet sister needs help. Help I can't give because of proximity and experience. She is experiencing postpartum or something similar. I am always there for her but I can only listen and be sympathetic. I can't actually help or offer a been there this is what I did or felt. I have never experienced wishing I didn't have my children. And I am not sure how to help her. So I offered to find her support that had been there and this is my first step. Who should she read to see and understand she isn't alone? Where do I steer her? Any suggestions are appreciated. I need to make sure my family is ok. After this past year I just want everyone I know to be ok. It is a driving force and I will drop everything if my hubby/sister/friend is hurting and raising that flag.
I am not even sure who still comes here but I need some direction. What are good postpartum resources/posts/blogs? Where can I look to help my sister get through the blackness of an infancy she doesn't relish?
3 comments:
I've never had to deal with it but I would have her talk to her doctor. They always asked at the check ups how you were feeling and screening for post-partum depression. I'm sure they have a lot of resources. I'm sure there are more resources but I'm not aware of them. I hope she finds the help she needs.
Thanks Shannon. She does have a good support system but is breaking up with her therapist due to a disagreement on medication. So until she finds another I'm trying to at least get her some blogs or resources to help not feel so alone.
Have your sister read Mabel's house. Liz went through that with the birth of her only child.
Post a Comment