Saturday, January 5, 2008

daily horoscope

i usually don't put any stock in horoscopes, but i like today's.

Mistakes happen, and assumptions are made from time to time -- there's no harm in that. You made an assumption, and you were not correct. But don't let your honest mistakes get you down in the dumps! Letting yourself get depressed about your current situation will only paralyze you, and keep you from taking any sort of positive action. Open your mind today and give things a chance to get better before you convince yourself that they will only get worse. This time, you are wrong.

tom & i just had a little chat- he is paying bills at home right now. he has a plan for the shop to consolidate the bills there & reduce the monthly overhead. once that happens the shop can actually bring in a real profit. it will still be tough- but i really do feel better knowing that there is a plan. i have been so scared because i feel like i have been in the dark about what our future holds.

especially since i have been so freaked out that i have found myself breaking down to two different friends. both know we are trying & both said the same thing- this really should get resolved before kids come into the picture. i know how true this is- but it still sucks to hear it. i mean- who is truly ready for children before they have them... who couldn't use a little more time to straighten out some financials... while i don't think it's fair to either of us to have so much uncertainty in all aspects of our lives while trying to start a family, it's not something that you can turn on or off. you make it work, we'll make it work. it would be great if it started to work before getting pregnant, but if not- we'll still make it work. after more than a year of trying we can't see ourselves putting on the brakes completely. we may have to coast for a little while, but we'll still be moving. just very slowly for the moment.

5 comments:

Happy said...

We went straight to domestic adoption so we were waiting to be parents for a while and people ALWAYS told us that no time would be the right time for kids (heard it ad nauseum).

The HSG should be covered in the initial work up. Actually my doctor did EVERYTHING in the initial workup which I'm sort of relieved about when I see on other blogs that people did treatments and the doctor found a condition that stopped them from getting pregnant so they had to get it fixed before they could do another procedure, yada yada.

Anyway, the monitoring wasn't too expensive. Month 1 & 2 it was between 300-400. I don't know if that is out of your price range or not. It seemed like the nurses then got an idea of how my cycle worked and I only had one montoring appointment last month and viola IUI. The IUI costs 320.00 which in fertility world is pretty cheap. I will say we have cut WAY back. No going out to dinner (we love gift certificates), coupons, and I cut out whatever I can. Things have been very tight the last couple of months. To the point where I told my husband I only had 100 in my checking account...I haven't had that happen since college...

You live relatively close, if you want to get together and commiserate (ok bitch) let me know...

admin said...

As hard as it is, I think simultaniously working out your work life and family life is a good choice. I think those of us who have struggled with TTC know that putting on the breaks is a near impossibility. Yes, in part because it is a consuming worry. But the other part is that when you know, or think, you have a health problem-- it is best to see it resolved.

TTC is a time sensative matter. If I had known we were going to have problems, I might have started in my 20's.

I think you are smart to slow down, but not stop. Good luck getting a good start to the new year in the shop. Sound like you are headed in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

Hi There-
I've been reading your blog for the past couple of days....your personality resembles mine so much it is scary. Anyway, going through some similar decision making and know it can be tough. Whatever decision you make will be the right one. You and only you know deep down what that decison is. Crossing my fingers for you!

nancy said...

Another thing to think about. When you get pregnant, a child doesn't just POP into existance. And with impending child, it's amazing how fast you can get finances under control. Just a thought.

Jen said...

Wow it seems like that horoscope was right on target...or at least based on your blog. Hang in there hun. I'm really rooting for you to get your chance. I know you must feel like you're in a frustrating place right now.