Wednesday, April 30, 2008

this pincushion stuff might have something to it

i am done with af. while this may not be amazing to anyone else- & who knows who would actually care!- for me it is pretty impressive. i usually have about 4-5 days of flow with at least 2 more days of spotting after that. this time i had 3 days of flow- different than my usual in that it was, well just different. then a little lighter flow on day 4- yesterday- and today- nada. i am done. the book my acupuncturist gave me said that my flow pattern was consistent with my kidney yang (or liver qi) deficiency. which i of course take with a huge grain of salt.

but to actually start to see a difference is amazing. it restores a little tiny shred of hope that i am doing something. my temps were so different last cycle & i'm becoming convinced it was acupuncture that did it. now after years of a long cycle with a long af i have something different. and right now different is fucking awesome. now i get to see if this 'natural cl.omid' will work.

2 comments:

kate said...

I'm so glad you're seeing progress with acupuncture. I used to have a nurse practitioner that I saw who was finishing her last couple of years of eastern medicine training, and she would frequently tell me that she couldn't "eastern" diagnose me at our usual clinic, but that I should come to see her at the student training clinic for the eastern medicine place. I was poor back then (um, poor-ER, I mean. I was 19 or so), and I couldn't afford the $20 co-pay.

Anyway, I guess what I mean to say is that I've always been curious about it, and I hear such positive things about it from around the web, and reading your comments makes me want to consider it again!

admin said...

That is really cool! I am so glad you feel like you are seeing results. I read that same book - from cover to cover in just a few days and thought i was pretty great. Good luck with your treatments this month!! And the "trying."