Thursday, June 5, 2008

catching up- i'm tagged

it's been so long since i was tagged for things & now i've got 2 in one week. (of course it's the week that i couldn't even sit down t read blogs until thursday, but no one's counting- right?)

trace has tagged me for a meme:

The meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, "For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn."
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original post http://herebaby.blogspot.com/2008/06/six-word-memior.html if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogsphere
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links
5. Don't forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.My six word memoir:

waiting for real life to begin...

this sounds much worse than i mean it- that's the problem with 6 words. i need more. i can talk (or write) profusely. i actually pondered becoming a writer in high school, i mainly wrote short stories & poems. but i digress- i think that my memoir at this moment in time would have to deal with what i have not been doing more than what i have. much of the past few years has been about waiting. waiting to get engaged, waiting to get our house, get married, get my career on track, get the kidney out & recover, waiting to get pregnant, waiting to find out why we can't get pregnant, waiting to start aggressively trying to have others help me get pregnant. if i had to write a memoir of the past 4 years or so, there wouldn't be a whole heck of a lot there. i want my 6 word memoir to be:

i lived in those amazing photos.

i love photography & i would love to be able to travel around the country & world & capture it all on film. to that end i am trying to take steps to make my life the one i want to look back on without regret. no matter what comes, i should be happy with the choices i make. and i am, but i do wish that i had done a little less waiting for life to happen & a little more of the making it happen. that's why i am getting my license & hopefully a bike. that's also why starting tomorrow i am going to attempt to take (and post) a photo a day of something beautiful. and maybe someday these photos will be a memory book of my life for my child. or maybe not- but that's not a reason to not have them.


okay- so now that i have essentially done this twice (and done it wrong by explaining everything when it was supposed to be SIX words!) i have to tag 5 people- kat, m, tammy, nancy, jen & lilah. and anyone that sees this & wants to do it- consider yourself tagged!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

the photo journal is an awesome idea - i love it!!!

CanadianMama said...

The photo journal sounds awesome!
Thanks for tagging me, gives my unused brain a chance to start working again!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo a day idea!

nancy said...

I honestly don't know if I'll do the meme or not (but I thank you for thinking of me!)

I did want to tell you want a great friend I think you are. Someday, it will be a must to meet you and spend some time with you.

I can just tell how we'd click. I always loved you from all the great support you've given me over the years. But when I called you out of the blue and we talked like we've been talking for years, I knew it. We'd be great friends Jenn. So. I'm going to come see you, okay? On some random weekend. Would that be okay? (plus, I've always wanted to see seatlle!)