vacation has officially started! i'm not doing anything except working on the house & specifically the nursery if i can. the hub is being difficult about what i am 'allowed' to do. before anyone gets the wrong idea- it's not a pregnant lady can't lift anything thing.. it's a my designer wife actually sucks at putting paint on the walls thing. it's true- i admit it. i can pick the colors that go on the wall like nobody's business, but when it comes time to roll up my sleeves and actually put paint to wall i don't do well at all. i am great with fine details & artistic endeavors. i can trim out a room without needing tape. but a roller in my hands is lethal. and the hub refuses to redo what i have already done again. so he will paint the room & i will paint the stripes on the long wall. and then i have a lot of little things to get & figure out. little decorations & touches. but there is of course plenty of time for that.
we've been picking up little things here & there in the 2 weeks since we found out that she's a she. tonight we got a sweet little jacket since it will be april in the northeast (well- north mid-atlantic region at least) it's not unheard of to be freezing or even snowing that time of year. i am getting more excited the more i let myself look & even *gasp* buy!!! things for her. i want to enjoy this pregnancy as if it's my only one- since who knows if it will be or not. i want to be content that i did everything i wanted & savored every moment, even the gross & unpleasant ones. not that it makes them any less gross or unpleasant, but i can tolerate them just fine knowing that a: i am damn lucky to have it in the first place, & b: i may miss it when i can't get pregnant after this (just keeping it in my head) like tonight- while shopping for work clothes for the hub & picking out said cute little jacket- i sneezed. but i also had to pee. so i did a little. standing in the aisle. not gushing out my pants leg pee, but a little trickle i have never really experienced before. even with having a bum kidney & a stent in, i never peed myself... fun. but i'll take it i guess. i know it's just the first of many icky situations i am in store for.
oh- big huge news- we have a name!!! we decided 2 weeks ago, but i've been savoring it & getting used to the fact that not only will i have a daughter, but she has a name. i'll share, but with a warning that while there are a million names i don't like- i never mention it to anyone, except maybe the hub, if i don't like a friend's choice in names. it's just not polite. so, please be polite & just glaze over this part if you don't care for it................................................ caiden lily.
the hub will of course be calling her iron caiden like the metal head he is.
7 comments:
I love the name. I love love love "lily" actually - but with my last name, it never worked.
ha. You peed yourself. This is my 3rd baby and I've never done that! :)
speaking of, I have to pee right now.
I love the name. I love the contrast between the two - really nice.
As for the pee:) It happen. Sneeze - pee, laugh..pee.. Good times.
I'm glad I dont have to skim over the name and leave no comment.
I love it!! Caiden - very nice.
And who doesnt love Lily.
I've peed my self - and I'm not pregnant ;) I was actually dooing me keegals (sp) yesterday hoping to build the muscles to I dont have worse accidents when ku =)
I think your husband's name for her is the best ever. That's awesome.
Love the name!!
Iron Caiden! I love it!
Seriously, though- what a beautiful name. Feminine but strong. Just perfect.
And HA, HA! You know you're infertile if you almost pee yourself, and it doesn't really bug you because it's all in the name of pregnancy! It happens to the best of us at times. I remember once when I snuck into a hotel pool after it closed, and then running upstairs to our room because I had to pee, and discovering that our key card didn't work and having to go get the desk dude and standing at the door waiting for him to unlock it and being dripping wet, and freezing and shaking and realizing that some of that "water" dripping down my leg was kinda warm... eew! Yeah, that was bad. And I totally didn't have the preggo excuse.
I love the name! Caiden is beautiful. And I had really considered the name Lily (my great grandmother's name was Lilian), but my step-sister-in-law just used it.
As far as the peeing thing, it happens. I think the worst for me was when I was when I peed a bit while I was crouched over throwing up in the toilet. Totally not fun!
Post a Comment