my mortgage is paid off. it disappeared from my online banking. of course- the new mortgage starts in april, but we have a 'coast' month. much much needed. i should also be getting my big fat check today so i can then pay off all our debt. grand savings per month: around $400.
now- i am using rounded up numbers, but i just want to work this out:
income lessened by: $500
expenses added with baby (known): $600 daycare (as long as we do 4 days a week- i know this is pretty darn cheap & i do like the place too. at least so far...)
health insurance for baby: $50 (again- as long as we qualify for the state sponsored program, which we do i think. it's hard to apply when the little girl hasn't been born yet & has no social security #. oh- and it's the exact same insurance that she'd get going on my plan for almost $200 less)
i am not even guessing at what we will need as far as grocery/diaper/baby essentials go. i am budgeting something around $700 a month just because that's what we'll have.
that makes a total of $1350. with $500-$400, we still need to cut out at least $100 from our expenses. the hub took the one car off the road along with his motorcycle. that cuts around $200. cable tv is a thing of the past saving another $100. so we may be okay yet. as long as we are careful & save everything extra we can because this economy is fucking scary.
of course- i fully plan on blowing the budget a bit for the first month of leave. there's just no way to know what we will need & what we will spend. but knowing what we have does help. so does actually having a little cushion thanks to the refi.
in non-financial news, my hands are extremely stiff when waking up. i know that because i am sleeping on my side they alternately fall asleep during the night. is this making them sore & stiff in the morning, is it pregnancy that does it, or should i now worry about the arthritis that is in my family? i can't close my hands into a fist for at least an hour after waking up. will this continue when she's here? how will i change her?!
i am meeting with the pediatrician today- i need to figure out exactly what i want to ask them- any suggestions?
i also passed the 300 post mark without even noticing.
4 comments:
As far as the pediatrician, my personal advice is (if you can), get personal references from other patience’s. And not just your doctor you’re considering, but other doctors as well.
If I had known what a quack my son's first pediatrician was, I would have never gone, but I found out the hard way. They are just people, but there caring for your child. So it’s a big deal to get one you love and trust.
And might I say, I’m very impressed watching you over the last 9 months figure and work everything out. You are an inspiration, so many people so easily just consider themselves screwed, but you budgeted, weighted out options, took action, and now look, you’re going to make it on your own ~ un screwed ~ all by yourself. I applaud you.
Congrats on everything working out.
Now I want to see pictures of the baby’s room. =D
I spend less than $300 per month on Jillian for formula, diapers and clothes. So I think your $700 will be more than enough. You might have some left over.
I'm so happy the refi/payoff, etc. is all officially official and done! Yay!
Um, I don't have much advice on budget, other than I'm thrilled for you that you have worked one out. I am so in denial right now, and while I haven't been going nuts or anything, it has been so long since I've had the extra money that I'm succumbing to the siren song of Starbucks far more often than I think is right. That will end soon, but dang. Budgeting SUCKS... Oh, to be free to spend as I want!!!
Congrats on the debt payoff. We did that right before Ella was born. Hint - don't have 3 kids and keep spending like you are kid-less. We are more in debt than ever now. It sucks sucks sucks.
As for the hands - totally normal. Mine were like that too. It'll go away as soon as little missy is born.
Post a Comment