Thursday, March 12, 2009

new picture & updates

last weekend my best friend came over & took some amazing maternity shots of me. she had taken a few of me & the hub together, but her camera was broken & they didn't come out all that great. she got a new camera & wow. i love love love the first shot she sent! i will warn though- it's the most of me ever seen on this blog! and i'm in bra & underwear, but all my shyness goes away because i love the shot so much...




of course- i did crop my ass out of the shot... i didn't need it all out there!

i can't even remember if i updated here or not about last week. i was 1 cm at my appointment a week ago & then proceeded to have a very stressful few days & also lost what i am pretty sure was the mucus plug. it was from thursday to saturday & then nothing since then.

well- now i am getting much more pressure down low & these totally random shooting pains/cramps in my lower abdomen. they aren't so much painful as surprising. they feel like when you have to pee while driving for about 30 miles & finally find a rest stop- then you stand up too quickly & your body screams at you a bit. that's what it feels like. they last about 5-10 seconds & then nothing for the rest of the night, or maybe three in a row & then done.

i had my first pre-labor prep acupuncture treatment tonight- it was so freaking relaxing that i fell asleep! i do think that i have been having a few contractions though- probably braxton hicks because they aren't painful, just a tightening. my next appointment isn't until next week at the docs (i thought i should have had one this week, but oh well) and i think i will probably have some sort of progress by then. my mom is convinced i am going into labor before next weekend, but i'm not so sure about that! i at least want her to stay put until then- i have to set up the nursery furniture this weekend & i want to clean up some things & organize a bit at work first! but essentially- we are pretty much ready. and not at all ready!

5 comments:

nancy said...

37 weeks tomorrow! Yippee!!! It's that magical mark that if you went into labor, no one would be lifting a finger to stop it. You will be offically term! :)

Jenn, that is a BEAUTIFUL picture of you. Wow. I just got my own maternity pictures back from the photographer (Taken in mid dec and I only now ordered prints! I suck.)
Be sure to print that picture so you will never ever lose it in case of digital catastrophe.

CanadianMama said...

That picture is amazing. I love it!

admin said...

What a beautiful picture. You look amazing. You seem to be feeling really well - which is wonderful... Oh, I can't wait!!!

Birdee said...

That is a beautiful picture of you.
I hope to see more. I love maternity pictures and hope when I get some done, I look as great as the women I've seen in the Blog world.

Io said...

Dude, that is a *fantastic* picture. How's your tattoo holding up? (And what is it of? It made me think of star bellied sneetches. Totally in a loving wonderful way of course)