that's little girls new nickname. she does make cranky faces all the time- even when seemingly content. she wakes up with funny cranky faces. but lately crankers has taken on new meaning as she is becoming more vocal. she is not happy. a lot. our new routine is eat, sleep, cry, eat, cry as she poops, sleep, cry as she's changed, eat, be alert & happy & play for maybe an hour, sleep, cry, eat, cry, poop, change & cry... i exaggerate slightly, but she does seem to be more cranky lately. & she wants to eat every 2-1/2 hours again. we were getting to be every 3 hours pretty consistently for a bit there...
it's been rainy & miserable here though the past few days which means we have been stuck in the house. we're also broke so that's been keeping us from making any normal rainy day excursions say to the mall... i don't want to take her to the public library as the latest probable case of that flu is down the street (practically) from where i live. it's a schoolkid & i'd rather not risk any local spots with the babe for a bit. could she be feeling stir crazy just like me?
it's really not all crank- she was grinning like crazy at me & her daddy for a good two minutes this morning. i wish i had my camera close by for that because it makes every second of crankiness & crying worth it! she even has dimples!
slightly cranky sleeping (she actually looks more deep in thought here):

cranky awake:

just being adorably punk rock:

6 comments:
If I remember correctly 6 weeks is when crying time "peaks" and then it tapers off from there. Hang in, it will only get better!
Ah, see. I take this as evidence of evolution. Babies have to be cute, 'cos otherwise the fussing would drive us crazy. As it stands, even in her cranky pictures, she is just too dang adorable!
Oh God do I remember the cranky phase. I remember when she was 4 weeks old and the doctor said she'd probably get over it by 12 weeks. That seemed forever away!
eeks, I don't remember the crankie phase, but it has been a while.
I really am starting all over again, arent I?
I just cant get over how cute she is, crank and all.
hell yeah with the punk rock!!!
And here it is, welcome to the "real life" of the newborn. Honeymoon is over.
Chubs! Look at those cheeks! I love the grumpy face!
Post a Comment