Thursday, July 30, 2009

hidden talents

receptionist duty was actually pretty nice yesterday. i got a treatment that was quite relaxing & i did notice my shoulders hurting less. one thing about a 18-19 pound 4 month old is that your shoulders hurt no matter what. yes- i put her down in various chairs, swings, pack-n-play, etc. but she loves to be held & i do love to hold her, but my back does not love it. my quickly becoming bum left knee also is protesting.

she took a little bit (1 oz or so) from a bottle for the hub & was still quite hungry- but not terrifyingly so- when they picked me up. all in all - a very good day.

until the hub started using his new software to try to build a website for his motorcycle repair & restoration business he is trying to get off the ground. he gets frustrated very quickly & creative programs are not intuitive for him. luckily he married a genius (yes- i am very humble thank you very much!) and within an hour i not only had a very crude & basic home page created, but also published. a feat he has been trying to do for 2 days. i don't think it speaks so much to my great vast knowledge of computer programs & mad skills with software (which i really don't have). i do think i am more intuitive & analytical & definitely have a strong design sense due to my (former?) career. even with all this going for me his site is very crude- just a slightly crappy pageholder with 'under construction' on it. today we'll be tweaking this pageholder a little to get some actual info & a way to contact him up & then we'll go for actual design. so easy to do while caring for a very vocal teething 4 month old. although i think the teething has slightly calmed down since she's been far less fussy & stop biting everything in sight. still drooling, still has a little pearl & loves to cram the burp cloth/diaper in her mouth, but less fussy overall & sleeping has been pretty good. one question though- is a very very soft , ummm- forceful, poo normal for a teething baby? it's not quite normal, but not quite not, you know? thanks!


what i walk into in the mornings now- she wakes up with the funniest faces!


3 comments:

kate said...

Look at Miss Funny-Face! So adorable!

I'm glad you got away for a bit, and were able to relax some. I imagine that after the long wait for her that it's very hard to put her down, even if she is nearing 20 lbs.

And yes. Intuitive skill is very necessary when dealing with new programs. I have fairly program-specific computer skills, but I can figure out almost anything just because I have a basic understanding of how computers process information. If you know how to "talk" to a computer, it makes it that much easier to transfer those skills to many many programs.

Birdee said...

Aww man, I know nothing about your question (anymore) but I sure love those pictures. She is just he sweetiet doll baby.

Rachel said...

I'm really interested in how long it takes your daughter to get her first tooth. My fusspot started teething at 4 months (everything in her mouth, quick trip to the pediatrician after she screamed for hours where I was told she could "see the bumps already") and ... 3.5 months later no teeth, but she still puts absolutely everything in her mouth. I hope your path to teeth is a speedy one.