Sunday, September 20, 2009

not like it used to be

yesterday was our annual block party. it was a gorgeous day & a great time, even though pretty much no one came! we have so much leftover food & beer it's insane!

i realize this morning that i can not hang like i used to. i cheated at flip cup at my neighbors house by not drinking. even so- cheap beer went down pretty easy after pumpkin was off to bed & i decided that i really should get back on the sexual wagon before she's 6 months old. that meant i had to be good & drunk. not stumbling down passing out drunk, but enough that i could get past the mental block that 3 hours of pushing & this week's episode have induced in me.
so i did. we did. not great, but i wasn't expecting anything at all after nearly 10 months of abstinence (yes- that's right... 10 months. i was cut off after our 'big' ultrasound at 19 weeks) i really just wanted to get it over with so i could stop thinking about it. i know lactating mothers can have a reduced drive, and i definitely do. but the poor hub has been very patient with me- although i was a saint during the second half of the pregnancy when i fell into the other statistic of pregnant women getting even hornier! so- didn't see any stars, but other than a little sting at first- didn't hurt. just glad it's over with!

now if i can just remember to not drink more than 2 beers again (yup- got drunk off 3!) i can avoid the very annoying hell that is caring for a baby while hungover.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you got through it. That had to be rough.

You got cut off after the 20 week mark? We were going as strong as ever especially after the 40 week mark when I was trying to induce labor!

jenn said...

yup- it sucked!!! i kept getting the 'it's not you- it's me. scared about hurting the baby, weird that his daughters right there.. blah, blah, blah!' but at least we ~really~ know it's not just sex that keeps us together! ;o)

kate said...

Woohoo for commencing the deed! And man, I wish I actually had young enough neighbors that a block party would work!

(And yes, I also have become a total lightweight. I had a total of 4 drinks over the course of the evening on Saturday, about sixish hours or so, and I was dee-runk. So weird.)

nancy said...

yay for sex! heheheh. I traded sex last night for my hubsnad to go get me a sweet tea. ;0