I have been inspired tonight. My support system is amazing and the latest has me inspired to write again. I have heard of this picking a word for the year (likely the last person to hear this but that wouldn't be the first time) I have been inspired by this.
I have been thinking about resolutions as you do this time of year. Only magnify that by 1000 as I stare down the first Christmas, first New Year, and now looming first anniversaries of the dual deaths that rocked our year. The added pressure of holding a broken family together along with raising your willful children and attempting to foster a thought to yourself is completely overwhelming. So my resolutions have felt as disjointed as I have felt this past year. I know I want an anchor, a grounding point against the storms that have raged against us but I can't put it I a to - do list for the year.
Thankfully I don't have to- inspired directly by Kym and indirectly by many I now have a word to direct my year. The feeling was there- hovering like a soft gentle whisper all along. Now I have my word, my focus for the year, my direction.
Mindfulness. All I have been shown and all I have lived have taught me I need to focus on the Now and do the best I can with it. As I mull this over and roll it around in my life I hope it brings new life and direction. As well as s one much needed peace.
3 comments:
Mindfulness -- such a strong word. I hope that it steadies you and helps keep you grounded as you walk through this year, especially as last year's events paved an unsteady road of grief to walk.
May we both find the peace we seek with our words pointing the way there.
Thank you Kym for being such a good support and friend. That is all before I cry with too much wine and warm fuzzies from this week!
Great to see you back, missed your posts. Love the word; I haven't heard of the word of the year thing either. I'll have to think about it
Post a Comment