no internet at home right now- stealing my neighbors under the pretense that i need to 'work'. ttc will most likely be stalled - at least for a few months as we iron out what the hell is up with the shop. too much stress for hubby=too much stress for me=no sex=no baby. so i might as well get some tests done & see if there are problems- but there will be no possibility of any treatments period (unless an actual covered problem is miraculosly found & fixed) until the shop is closed, debts are paid, & new job (with insurance) is all squared away. hopefully this happens sooner rather than later- but i just have no clue right now. we certainly won't be preventing since that doesn't seem to matter in the getting us pregnant category- but chances of 2008 baby are hovering around 0, chances of 2008 pregnancy are probably somewhere around 20% right now.
this bites 2008- you were supposed to be nicer than this to us.
9 comments:
Oh poop. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Just trying is more than enough. Having to get through more before you even get "there". Suck.
Sorry:( The insurance stuff is a real pain - I know. We lucked out and my husband got a new job right before I needed an MRI and surgery. Without it, I don't know where we would be. I used to have Aenta that I bought as an indidual and the coverage was pretty bad.
I hate to make silly suggestions, because, well - we all tend to get so much unsolicited advise but... Some of the women on the forum I am on have been plugging a product called preseed. Have you tried it? I was thinking about giving it a try next month.
It does just suck.
Oh- and my insurance is the oh so lovely hmo plan- pretty bad.
about the preseed- I hear nothing but good things about it, but I don't have any ~ahem~ issues in that department, so for me I don't think it would really do anything. I don't know if there is some sort of ph issue (or something else) that it would help with. I thought it was just a sperm-friendly lube.
Oh, I'm sorry. My insurance didn't cover anything either. It did cover the initial diagnostics to find out if anything was wrong, but does not pay for any treatments (ultrasounds, bloodwork, IUI). We are paying from our cash flow and I can give you an estimated cost of each procedure if your interested.
Trace
http://1hardyswimmer.blogspot.com/
I'm sorry hun...sheesh, I was really hoping you would catch a break soon ((hugs))
Thanks Trace! I am going to be picking an RE in the next few weeks & then I will have to see when I get an appointment, but I will remember that & take you up on it when I need to!
ugh. I'm so sorry for you, but I definitely can relate to the financial reasons for delaying treatment. Here's to hoping that the cliched (but frankly bullshit) "I just stopped trying and then, BOOM! It happened!" will be true (in both of our cases!).
So is the shop definitely closing?
I'm sorry - that really sucks. I am so with you on the financial aspect of this all. When I called our insurance back in the beginning of all of this, I knew they wouldn't cover it, but it still made me cry when the woman I was talking to obviously felt really badly for having to tell me they wouldn't cover anything at all. She just whispered "I'm sorry" and I had to get off the phone because I needed to wail.
So now we wait. And that is just so damn painful.
Damn it Jenn. You deserve to catch a break. Why does life have to be so unfair?
Post a Comment