Thursday, July 5, 2012

Heart broke

I have lost my friend. I only got to really see her once. She was there for me despite the distance. She was supposed to come visit me this year. I can't even imagine after the triumphs over many many hardships these past few years that she is now gone. Her heart was gold. I will miss her more than she will ever know.

16 comments:

Io said...

Is this your friend that lost her child? Jen, I am so heartbroken for you right now, words cant even express. Let me know if there is anything at all I can do.

jenn said...

It is a different friend. My oldest 'internet friend'...too much heartbreak in a short 6 months.

Io said...

Jenn, I just found out it was Nancy. I'm really stunned. She was such an amazing woman. This is terrible.

Laurel said...

Jenn,
I'm so sorry you had to hear the way you did. I had every intention of sending you a message but things have been crazy here. Know that the kids and T will be taken care of. So heartbreaking.
Message me on FB if you need to chat.
Hugs

jenn said...

Im sorry Io. I can't even type the words. I was googling her name to find information and the first thing that pops up is one of her posts titled its over the& done with about her burlesque dance group. I miss her and just can't believe her snark is gone.

jenn said...

Thank you for reaching out Laurel. I know you must be reeling and my heart is with all of you out& them!

Shannon said...

I can't believe it. It seems like I've "known" her forever. I haven't been able to find out what happened, do you know? I've been hoping she'd get back into her blogging - I've missed it and her.

Chill guy said...

I'm new to the blogging, so please be patient.
I am Nancy's neighbor. I have only read her blogs, but never commented.
I didn't know if her online friends new of the tragedy...evidently some of you do.
Nancy was truly one of my best friends, we talked and hung out a lot.
I'm devistated and feel so bad for her family.
I had to leave work today as soon as I got there. I couldn't keep my composure.
I keep telling myself this isn't real. I'm at a total loss. :-(

Anonymous said...

I have chatted and followed her since webmd. What happened! I have checked several times to see if there were any new posts. I am very sorry to hear! Sorry I had to post anonymous

jenn said...

Chill guy- I am so sorry for your (our) loss. I am stunned- I have known Nancy through the online community for about 5 years now, but we became great friends. We would call and text & I was able to go out with my daughter in 2009 and meet her. I know I am not the only one who is reeling from her passing. She has an entire online community of friends and acquaintances - some who knew as well as I did- some who only knew her through her blog. But I think everyone who 'met' Nancy was touched by her in some way.
For me she was a very special and important part of my life. I was so concerned when I heard of the wildfires that I immediately texted her- we chatted just last thursday. I was so grateful that she & her family were ok. This just a few days later has me leveled. I am gutted for her family- but as much that she doesn't get the years she deserves with the babies she fought so hard to have.
I will have to gather my thoughts into an intelligible post at some point- but right now it is too raw. Her friend Laurel has remembered me and shared some of the details for next week with me. I want to respect her family & leave it to others to organize and post- but I do know there are a great number of people who are grieving with us.
Thank you for somehow finding my little corner of the internet and posting. My thoughts and prayers are with all her friends and especially her family.
(and I have no idea what happened at work today- it has been a blur since 2pm yesterday when I found out)

jenn said...

I am at a loss- the best I have been able to gather is that it could have had something to do with a thrown clot from a former surgery. I am still in disbelief that she is really gone...

Shannon said...

Thank you for your update Jenn. I haven't been able to get her out of my mind since I heard. I remember back when both of our Ella's were born a couple months apart, over eight years ago. So many people learned so much from her. I wish I knew her better but at the same time I felt I knew her really well. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

JW Moxie said...

Many hugs to you, Jenn. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I am so sorry for your loss. I will miss her brutal honestesty with her unique snarky twist. I will keep you & her family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so sad to read this! I don't have a blog but I follow quite a few. This is so shocking. Thoughts snd prayers to her family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I, too, have followed Nancy's blog for years. I am beyond shocked and saddened by her passing. Jenn, if you hear anything else, please let us all know what happened to her