this cycle has me down. really low down where it has taken a lot to try to get back up to whatever 'normal' is these days. (thank goodness for my girls- or i would be even more pathetic)
so in one of my rambling, ranting, pity party moments i asked my husband if he thinks it's even in our future to have a baby. he responds that he does- but if we don't get pregnant it's not the end of the world because we will be adopting. (now- we have always planned to adopt a child- we both feel very strongly about it & have for years. wanting our own biological child is relatively new- especially for him. so when he said that- i was not surprised. i was surprised by my knee-jerk reaction of utter sandess over not giving birth, but that's off topic. )he then went on to say that he thinks by next june we will have a child in the house- whichever way it happens.
he also said that he would prefer adoption because he would like me to stay his 'trophy wife' & not 'get fat after having a baby'. ha. ha. ha. why are men's attempts at jokes always so much worse than just not funny? he definitely has the male trait of saying the completely wrong thing at the completely wrong time. - it did make me giggle just a little because at least he tried- right?
so- stay tuned. if i get pregnant in the next 4 months- he's right. if not- who knows when adoption comes into the picture. i know it's there- but i don't think it just yet...
6 comments:
lol... he tried. At least he means well and it is a positive way of seeing things.
I, personally, hope you get KU ;)
yup- he definitely gets an "e" for effort on the attempt!
I really really hope so too!
Hang in there. I know its tough. And my DH is just like that...saying completely inappropriate things but somehow putting in a way that I can't help but laugh a little.
oooooo. maybe he's got "man's intuition" and he will be right! Chances are that 3 months is all it will take for you. What cycle are you on now? Is this C7 for you? or 8? I know we both started in Nov 06 (well, i got my IUD out Oct 23 and my cycle started on Oct 28th) but I didn't think we were on the same number. Maybe you are on c9 now. Good lord, I have no idea. I should know these things!
Back to my comment ... I'm glad that he is so positive about having a child in the house. That's good and a positive attitude helps. I actually had my first RE tell me that it would help to visualize or ~say~ the word "baby" when we were having true BDing sex. heh. What a mood killer.
About the trophy wife thing - I actually had this guy take a picture of me AFTER the baby to give to his wife to show how she can still look good. Just goes to show some women look better after kids! (totally me).
Okay, okay, I'm starting to babble. I ~puffy heart~ you!
Jenn,
I think it's beautiful that you and your DH want to adopt. There are so many children in the world that need good homes and it's nice to know that there are people like you who will give them all the love and security they need!
I hope you do get to experience giving birth too though and I'm rooting for you - always!
Nancy-
I am on C8 right now- mine are a little longer than yours I think...
I can't imagine a worse mood killer. goodness! I know that I will look fine- it may take me a little while, but the women in my family tend to bounce back after their first- the 2nd is another story... ;)
Post a Comment