internet is back. apparently it was just some stupid minor easily fixed problem. so there's that.
still no word on the state of all other affairs. i can only hope that they are all so easily resolved but i doubt i am that lucky.
to clarify a little- i have no clue if the shop really will close & i have no idea when we will be able to afford any sort of treatment, but since my insurance does cover all initial testing i am moving forward with choosing an RE & making the appointment. even if i can't really do anything for months- i will spend that time trying to find out if there even is a problem. and if there isn't- well, we'll just have to see about that later. even though my obsessive planning for every contigency will be foiled- it's not the end of the world. i'll just have to learn to let what happens happen. *yikes- i don't even like how that looks written out!
so- new plan for 2008:
1. hubby gets new job with great insurance (or equally as good if not better- the shop miraculously does amazing & actually provides us with a stable income)
2. while this process goes on i get all my initial testing out of the way so that when the 'miracle' (i.e. we actually conceive naturally) pregnancy doesn't happen we are at least ready to hit the ground running whenever that may be.
3. still keep up the healthy eating (5 days of oatmeal down- only 26 more to go right now & yes plain oatmeal is horrid!) and improve on the already pretty healthy lifestyle- who couldn't use less sweets & time on their ass.
4. still be more appreciative of all i do have & all the wonderful people in my life already.
i haven't even had a chance to check out more than 25 or so of the posts on the creme de la creme, but i hope that my sunday can be nice & relaxing with some cocoa & tissues.
6 comments:
Have you tried the splenda brown sugar? It's what I use in my plain oatmeal. Makes it MUCH better!
So where are you in this big research for RE's plan of yours? How many are on your list? How are you whittling down said list? When will you be calling for that first appointment? Remember, most REs only allow for so many initial consults each day/week because they need to leave so much time open for patients who are cycling. AND, the beginning of the year is a busy time for new patients since many wait for new year to start with an RE due to insurance. Or maybe they just got insurance that covers them, so they were waiting for Jan 1st to come. Or when they first ttc, their starting date was Jan as it was an easy starting point agreed upon by both themselves and hubby (I started in Jan the first time too!) so my 12 month mark WAS in Jan. Which, all those things tend to fill up all those available bookings. Who was just saying this on webmd? I think it was Misty. At the end of December, she finally called the RE for an initial appointment and their first available was at the very END of March! 3 whole months! Ack.
(is the fire i'm trying to start under your butt working?) ~wink~
That is what our insurance covers too. It's pretty annoying when you think about NJ being just across the bridge. In NJ companies are required to PAY for ART. It is state mandated I believe. My husband even works for a Fortune 500 Company and they don't cover it. Grrr...
Anyway, the cost for IUI isn't too atrocious, but when you go beyond that it becomes pricey. Even Clomid didn't cost much (although I understand the injectables are pricey). It was 24.00 and not covered by insurance. What gets pricey is the monitoring appointments that are needed to check the size of your egg/lining, etc.
Nancy- I love you, I can hear the tone in your comment & it's great!Thank you for being so committed to lighting that fire under my ass!
to answer your questions-
1. I didn't even know there WAS a brown sugar splenda- when I am home I put a tiny touch of maple syrup- not even a quarter serving. it helps tremendously. but I don't have anything at work which is where I eat it during the week- so brown sugar splenda here i come!
2. I have 3 RE's on my list right now. I am definitely leaning towards one not just based on stats & recomendations, but it also happens to be the most convenient to BOTH work & home. and affilitated with the hospital & OB that I would want to use when I do get pregnant- so I think I have pretty much made up my mind there.
3. Before I even call I need to call my primary doc & make sure that my insurance doesn't require me to use some other place for the initial testing. then I have to call the RE for the appointment & to double check what my insurance covers- I already know that they are a participating provider for my particular brand of crappy insurance.
3. I'm actually okay with a wait for an initial appointment- to a certain point. work is getting very busy with a few big projects gearing up & taking many days, mornings, lunches, off would be tricky (i'd definitely still do it- but it'd be tricky). There's also the matter of the infamous shop & the stress with either closing or making it work. I STILL don't know what's going on with it.
I'm not dragging my feet- I want to get in quickly, I plan to call my doc this week- once I get Tom's opinion on the #1 choice of RE- then hopefully make the appointment with them next week too. That's my goal anyway- we'll see how it pans out.
Trace- I was actually amazed to find that my insurance even covered testing & treatment "for underlying causes". I am pretty sure that is the extent of the PA mandated infertility coverage. Too bad the taxes & insurance ore so crazy in jersey.
And I am scared for the monitoring, etc. That would not be possible to pay for out of pocket today- so I can't even do the 'simple' stuff like clomid. suck suck suck.
Well good. I'm glad there is a list and it's not just into the "hey, I'm looking into it but haven't really done anything" phase.
Don't worry about "all the appointments" early on. There really isn't that many. CD3 is a biggie and then 7dpo progesterone levels. Then the HSG, which, didn't you already get? I seem to remember you DID.
In regards to choosing an RE convenient to work/home, I can't tell you how much this has mattered to me. My RE is literally 4 minutes from my house AND across the street from the kids daycare. How's that for convenience? So I drop the kids off and then go to the doc. OR, I'll make the earliest of early appointments (they start seeing ppl at 7am) and while Tom is still getting up, I run to the appointment, come back home and still do all the normal morning activities, drop kids to school and then work. Work would never know I even had an appointment. So - IF there are 2 comparible docs - totally go with the one who is convenient. I am so fucking lucky in that respect!
no HSG yet for me, I haven't had a thing yet!
I can't believe how lucky you are to have an RE THAT close! That is awesome!
The one I am leaning towards starts seeing patients at 7am- and is in between work & home- so I am thinking it will all work out.
Post a Comment