Thursday, September 13, 2007

good times

hopefully last night is the start of a stretch of good. i know i could use it...





tom told me to prepare for adventure before i got home. this is what i came home to:


he borrowed his friend's trike because he wanted to take me out to new hope, pa. it's a cute little artsy town that a lot of bikers go to to hang out. it's by the river, picturesque, & quaint yet trendy. he usually ends up there once a weekend on his rides alone. i can't ride with him on his bike because it's just not comfortable & i get scared of it. so he borrowed this because he wants me to be with him. and it was fun! i had to bundle up because it got very cold, but i was so comfortable! the trike has a back seat & basically a car suspension. which means that it's like riding in a less comfortable, more windy convertable!

we had dinner in new hope & had a really nice talk. i can't say that anything was really discussed or decided, but i feel better. riding back we were both freezing, but it was my favorite time. just riding, hugging my best friend & true partner in everything, watching the night fly by. it was wonderful. i actually feel better about a lot of things. new hope is pretty ironic- i don't necessarily have hope yet, but i can feel something. maybe a corner has been turned? i am slowly preparing myself for starting the testing process, but you know- it's not as scary or as immediate as i once thought. i'm in the middle of cycle 11, but that doesn't mean that once cycle 12 is over- there's anything wrong with me. i can wait & be patient about getting testing, hell- about getting pregnant. at this point i know it's not happening immediately, but that's okay. i have my best friend that still loves spending time with me- and actually told me that he thinks i would look good with gray hair! i hope he's right, because unless i keep a positive attitude & the stress down- i will have a full head of it soon (it's already starting!)

1 comment:

Birdee said...

Oooh, thats a pretty trike, I always sit bitch on the bike cuz am waaay to clumsy to ride my own. I think I could do one of those :)
I'm glad you had a wonderful time, we need more of that. I love what you said about your husband - best friend - true partner in everything, We're gong on a bike trip to Moab Utah (about 4 hrs away from Salt Lake City). and I feel the same way when I hold on to him like that as we cruse through life, He gives me my strength when all I can do is hold on.